Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Aluminium rounded angle
JohnN

posted on 24/1/06 at 08:02 PM Reply With Quote
Aluminium rounded angle

Last year I bought some aluminium rounded angle from a stall at Donington.

This is basically aluminium angle with internal dimensions 1" x 1/2". The outside is a continuous curve from one edge to the other (like a bullnose). The inside corner is radiussed and the angle section sits snugly on the box section steel of the chassis.

When cutting a notch out in my last piece I managed to measure 3 times and cut once, but cut out the wrong side

Anybody know of a good source of this angle? Woolies do something like it, as do Vintage Car Parts, section 777, however, the dimensions are not an exact match

Long shot would be to find who I bought it off at Donington - his stall was immediately on the left as you entered the Annex (tent?) with all the small tools, radiators, switches etc, he also sold stainless nuts bolts etc.

Any help greatly appreciated

John

[Edited on 24/1/06 by JohnN]

[Edited on 24/1/06 by JohnN]

Humbug

posted on 24/1/06 at 08:15 PM Reply With Quote
I noticed that they stock some of the type of thing (ali, steel, etc.) in Homebase, B&Q etc., usually near the cut board, lengths of wood trim, etc. You might find something there
JohnN

posted on 24/1/06 at 09:47 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the replies - further sources to check out.

I've used some on the transmission tunnel edges, exactly as you have Chris, but the bit I messed up was for the side rail inside / underside, to cover the sheet steel folded edge of my panelling.

thanks again

John

balidey

posted on 25/1/06 at 08:57 AM Reply With Quote
A company called Service Metals supply a section that sounds like that, their part number CC4. Not sure if they supply to individuals, usually companies buying large quantities, but worth asking.
eagle

posted on 25/1/06 at 09:03 AM Reply With Quote
the company at donnington was RnR aluminium stockholders
phone 01964 501207 or 07710314662

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.