Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Mountney M Range - SVA Compliant?
adriane

posted on 27/12/06 at 08:35 PM Reply With Quote
Mountney M Range - SVA Compliant?

Hi There
Does anyone know if the Mountney M Range steering wheel is SVA compliant. And if so do you know where I can get official information to prove so before I go for the test.
Thanks
Adrian

zxrlocost

posted on 27/12/06 at 09:17 PM Reply With Quote
cant remember the M range but if its got metal in the middle ie like a three spoke then NO

you need the padding

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

Simon

posted on 27/12/06 at 10:50 PM Reply With Quote
My SVA examiner failed my car because the steering wheel wasn't compatible with the rest of the column - presuming he meant the column and wheel are a previously type approved assembly.

Therefore, I'd leave the Sierra wheel on, then change after test. I changed mine while examiner was inside writing out my MAC

ATB

Simon

RazMan

posted on 28/12/06 at 01:16 AM Reply With Quote
You can get SVA pads for Mountney wheels. Europa sell them iirc. Alternatively try and find a Miata (import MX5) which have a pad fitted as standard.

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.