Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Two questions if I may
darrens

posted on 5/2/07 at 05:28 PM Reply With Quote
Two questions if I may

Where's the best place to get a steering wheel from and what size do people recommed.

Thinking about the savage switches, does the LED illumination light when pressed. Thinking of wanting these to light dimly when lights are on, so prob best stickin a resistor across.

RazMan

posted on 5/2/07 at 05:44 PM Reply With Quote
The Savage switches have led lighting which can be independently controlled if required. I find them too bright at night so I will be putting a dimmer circuit in when I get time.

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
coozer

posted on 5/2/07 at 07:06 PM Reply With Quote
Use the standard Sierra one to get you through SVA. It makes more of the dash exempt from the radius test

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

DarrenW

posted on 6/2/07 at 12:25 PM Reply With Quote
Savage switches are well bright at night. Dimmer is good (anyone know how to do that?).

Std Sierra wheel for test. Ive since fitted a 13" SWM wheel. Its about as large as you would want to go but works good for me. I used it cos i got it free along with snap off kit.

auzziejim

posted on 6/2/07 at 12:45 PM Reply With Quote
im currently looking for a wheel too, i cut some cardboard circles to see what size suited me. i think a 300mm wheel is about right. im currently deliberating over a snap off boss but the good ones all seem quite pricey.

there doesnt seem to be many wheels in the right size (280-300mm) so choice seems to be limited (i cannot find a nice suede rimmed dished face wheel similar to the omp corsica as thats 350 )

james

RazMan

posted on 6/2/07 at 02:48 PM Reply With Quote
I find that anything smaller than 320mm is quite heavy to use on a car without power steering (even a seven) - worth a thought

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
auzziejim

posted on 6/2/07 at 03:37 PM Reply With Quote
ah now then that could not be tested with my cardboard circles many thanks raz man.

however with my car being specifically for the track problems with parking and such and not really a problem but maybe it would be easier to find a corsica/rally style wheel in a 320mm size

and then once a quickrack is fitted low speed corners wont be such an issue

chockymonster

posted on 6/2/07 at 04:49 PM Reply With Quote
I've got an OMP SuperQuadro, perfect size, flat bottom.

PLEASE NOTE - Responses on Forum Threads may contain Sarcasm and may not be suitable for the hard of Thinking.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.