Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: locost seats
david4

posted on 22/2/07 at 08:55 AM Reply With Quote
locost seats

Hi all,i wil be looking for seats soon to go in a locost any good make of seats and what size will fit too?
d8mok

posted on 22/2/07 at 09:09 AM Reply With Quote
i've got some that have been in my stuart talor locoblade. If u go to the stuart taylor web page and look at photos they are in there cars but are green.

The ones i have are black. They cost £340 each seat. I'm open to offers??

They are in good condition and i'm only changing becasue i want some fiberglass ones.

i'm in chesterfield but i'm going to leeds one day soon to get some bits so could meet somewhere if needed?
call me on 07740 174634

JAG

posted on 22/2/07 at 09:15 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

They cost £340 each seat

Ouch not exactly Locost then.

I bought the same seats direct from Richfield. They're the RX777 model if you find the Richfield website - but I paid about £440 for a pair.

Justin

Who is this super hero? Sarge? ...No.
Rosemary, the telephone operator? ...No.
Penry, the mild-mannered janitor? ...Could be!

macnab

posted on 22/2/07 at 10:02 AM Reply With Quote
Can’t fault my MK glass shell ones, incredibly comfy, I was thinking of ordering another one for in the house and fitting it to a swivel chair base

nick205

posted on 22/2/07 at 10:10 AM Reply With Quote
Intatrim Rangers for me, about £300 for the pair...

Intatrim seats
Intatrim seats

[Edited on 22/2/07 by nick205]

BenB

posted on 22/2/07 at 10:26 AM Reply With Quote
I used Kirkey Prodrag seats but mainly because the layback angle is the same as the rear panel on the standard chassis (so I'd get most legroom)....
Comfortable- but not that Locost, you have to import them specially... About £230 each IIRC (I bought the two seats at different times and the exchange rate changed inbetween)...

Humbug

posted on 22/2/07 at 10:28 AM Reply With Quote
Whatever you think of getting, make sure you measure the width (!) and preferably try out for your bum size. I had seats like nick205's which were nice and light, but I found my padding overlapped the seats' padding, so I've now got some Westfield ones, which are heavier but much more comfy (for me).

A couple of good places to look if you don't mind secondhand are the Lotus 7 and Westfield forums - people selling in order to get fibreglass ones like d8mok.

http://www.blatchat.com/f.asp?id=13

http://boardroom.wscc.co.uk/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi

Here is a pair like mine:

http://boardroom.wscc.co.uk/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=8;t=49421;hl=seats

macnab

posted on 22/2/07 at 10:50 AM Reply With Quote
Like I said the glass ones are surprisingly comfy even with no padding at all, since you are supported all over and not just on your arse, very handy if you have a sore back like me. Even better is when they are tilted back at that point I feel like going to sleep

Best off all is they are totally weather proof, handy in this climate.

You know what would be great? is if it was double skinned and engine coolant could be passed through the seat!!! how fab would that be?!? rain, wind or snow not a problem as you sit there cooking like a boiled egg

I suppose a simple way would be to glass in some micro bore copper pipe in to the back off the seat shell and have a valve on the dash to vary the temp, what a genius. Think I'll post that idea else where.

[Edited on 22/2/07 by macnab]

nige

posted on 22/2/07 at 11:48 AM Reply With Quote
seats

ive bought the cobra "7"

from cashy

suits me sir

when you start this journey
you think it will be done in " no " time but then " no " turns into a " bloody " long time

Pezza

posted on 22/2/07 at 12:06 PM Reply With Quote
Another vote for the mk ones here, very comfy.

Had a pair of the rangers for my westy, didn't find them anywhere near as supportive or comfy.

Pez

You couldn't pwn your way out of a wet paper bag, with "PWN ME!!" written on it, from the "pwned take-away" which originally contained one portion of chicken tikka pwnsala and the obligatory free pwnpadom.

macnab

posted on 22/2/07 at 12:25 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nige
ive bought the cobra "7"

from cashy

suits me sir

I have these currently in my bluebird and destined for my beach buggy. I don't know if its cos the seats are much higher in the saloon than the 7 but they are murder on my legs and only get relatively comfy if I sit right back in the seat. I have tried raising my legs as though it was in a 7 and only notice a slight improvement. Again not even in the same league as the glass shell seat.

[Edited on 22/2/07 by macnab]

greggors84

posted on 22/2/07 at 03:23 PM Reply With Quote
I have the Cobra 7 seats too, although not from Cashy as he wasnt doing them back then.

Not sure what they would be like in a non 7 as alot of the lateral support comes from the tranny tunnel and side of the car. This is because they are quite small width wise to fit in the 7. I find them very comfy even on long journeys. As my 7 is a bit more of a tourer than an all out track animal this suits me fine. If it was a bike engined track machine i think I would go for the fibreglass seats for the lighter weight.

As for a locost option how about fiberglass seats and some neoprene padding, might have to cover the neoprene in vinyl though as it would hold water otherwise.

[Edited on 22/2/2007 by greggors84]

Chris

The Magnificent 7!

cossiebri

posted on 22/2/07 at 04:29 PM Reply With Quote
I got these ....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250063599692

good value,spot on quality, Very light, the weave looks lovely!!
He also sell's the seatpads in a range of colours/styles

If it doesn't fit MODIFY it!!
Cheers BriF

scootz

posted on 23/2/07 at 07:50 PM Reply With Quote
How heavy are those seats Cossie? I've been thinking about them myself. Are they pretty rigid?

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.