Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: photos of your seat belts please!
theohighland

posted on 22/7/07 at 09:37 PM Reply With Quote
photos of your seat belts please!

Hi,

I'm looking to do the seat belt supports on my chassis soon and want to know how people have fitted their seat belts.

I'm using normal road car seat belts from a rover, not harnesses.

Thanks, Theo

ReMan

posted on 22/7/07 at 09:41 PM Reply With Quote
Are you building a 7 type?
I wouldn't fancy just a diagonal holding me in IF I tipped it up!

theohighland

posted on 22/7/07 at 09:44 PM Reply With Quote
yeah I am, I do have harnesses as well but they go in to one at the back and ar very long so wasnt sure if they'd be allowed, am I wrong?
ReMan

posted on 22/7/07 at 09:50 PM Reply With Quote
Like this?
Don't see why it should be a problem as long as it works OK fits round your seats and is the right height for SVA.
I'm sure others have used them........awaits response Rescued attachment 6683.jpg
Rescued attachment 6683.jpg

zxrlocost

posted on 22/7/07 at 09:59 PM Reply With Quote
hi if youve got the ones above you probably have standard size ones and need 7 style harnesses

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

theohighland

posted on 22/7/07 at 10:00 PM Reply With Quote
yeah i do have the ones above, does that mean I cant use them?
ReMan

posted on 22/7/07 at 10:15 PM Reply With Quote
Don't know why?
Is the top mount too long?
I guess saloons have this on the roll cage somewhere near the rear window
If this is the case, I'd still look at getting a replacement harness rather than the belts you have.
Apologies if anyone is using them in a 7, but I think they'd look odd and as said you really need holding in, unless you're not bothering with a roll bar, in which case your probably better of without belts at all

[Edited on 22/7/07 by ReMan]

zxrlocost

posted on 22/7/07 at 10:16 PM Reply With Quote
you cant the proper thing off ebay

kit car harnesses for about 40 quid

afterall itll cost you that much for a SVA retest

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

theohighland

posted on 22/7/07 at 10:32 PM Reply With Quote
ok thanks guys, i'll have a look for the other types

Cheers, Theo

theohighland

posted on 22/7/07 at 10:39 PM Reply With Quote
ive just found these on ebay, but they dont say anything about being safety approved etc, how will i know if they'll pass an sva?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Pair-Of-Brand-New-4-point-harness-harnesses-Blue_W0QQitemZ330149416485QQihZ014QQcategoryZ72228QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

thanks, Theo

ReMan

posted on 22/7/07 at 10:58 PM Reply With Quote
You don't.
Why not look elsewher
Even
http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/products/ProductDetail.asp?cls=MSPORT&pcode=SAB901076N/1
have them at that sort of price without trying, and you know they will have a proper label on them!!

James

posted on 23/7/07 at 10:26 AM Reply With Quote
My car was built on a relatively tight budget, but at the end of the day, your life depends on the seat belts and, although others may disagree, I believe my life is worth £90 for a pair of new 4-points from MAC1!!!

If I'd know then what I know now, I'd have bought 5-point belts and had another chassis mount so that I couldn't 'submarine' in a front-ender.

Cheers,
James

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

nick205

posted on 23/7/07 at 11:24 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by James
My car was built on a relatively tight budget, but at the end of the day, your life depends on the seat belts and, although others may disagree, I believe my life is worth £90 for a pair of new 4-points from MAC1!!!

If I'd know then what I know now, I'd have bought 5-point belts and had another chassis mount so that I couldn't 'submarine' in a front-ender.

Cheers,
James

I'd also have gone for 5 point harnesses to stop the lap part of the harness riding up when you tighten the shoulder straps which can get quite annoying.

I would not feel safe/comfortable in a 7 wearing a normal 3 point inertia type seat belt either.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.