Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: ideas for a foot rest (clutch)
02GF74

posted on 1/5/08 at 12:42 PM Reply With Quote
ideas for a foot rest (clutch)

Keeping my left foot hovering on long journeys is a bit tiresome so need to make a foot rest.

problem is I have large plates as well as limited footwell space; so angling for foot rest ideas.

what is the minimal size I can make it?

and what else should I be aware of hwen positioning it? like I do not want it to obstruct foot movement or scratch boots etc.

currenlty thinking along the lines of making a traingle from aluminum, about 20 mm wide and screwing it using self-tappers to the footwell.

ideas and piccies welcome.

blakep82

posted on 1/5/08 at 12:48 PM Reply With Quote
well, i've go no picturres, and my car's very different, so i've got nothing i can draw on, but rather than a wide foot rest (like 4" wide or so, or whatever's normal) how about a thin strip, say 1-1/2 to 2" wide about 4" in front of the clutch?

enough to give your fot some support, but shouldn't get in the way of the clutch pedal.

maybe?

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

02GF74

posted on 1/5/08 at 12:53 PM Reply With Quote
you mean nailed to the floor?

not sure that will work as it is the top of my foot I want supported not the heel, unless I misunderstand

blakep82

posted on 1/5/08 at 12:56 PM Reply With Quote
screwed to the side of the tunnel

i'll see if i can do some kind of drawing lol

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

Humbug

posted on 1/5/08 at 01:06 PM Reply With Quote
I made one by cutting into the tunnel instead of intruding into the footwell space.

It's a bit messy looking 'cos I did it after the build with all the panels in place. It works OK, but I had to put it more or less level with the clutch pedal because there wouldn't have been enought room for my foot to pass by the pedal if I had put the rest further forward.

Hope that gives you some ideas

Simon

Info here

[Edited on 01.05.2008 by Humbug]

RazMan

posted on 1/5/08 at 04:29 PM Reply With Quote
I agree with Humbug - if you cut a 'bonnet scoop shape in reverse' into the side of the tunnel it won't take up any space at all. I have a similar problem in my Aeon where foot space is rather tight and I have to be very careful to wear the right shoes (size 10) or I just get my foot tangled up.

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.