Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Heater advice please
John Bonnett

posted on 7/7/08 at 05:53 PM Reply With Quote
Heater advice please

Please bear with me on this one, I'm old and need a few comforts! My hair shirt days are long gone!

I'm going to fit a heater in the trials car and I wonder if anyone can tell me how critical the height of the heater is. I have always thought the higher the better but it may only be possible to install it 10 or so inches above the floor. Do you think it will work in this position?

Thanks for your help.

John

adithorp

posted on 7/7/08 at 06:03 PM Reply With Quote
A lot of tintop heaters are mounted fairly low down. I've got a Polo heater going spare if your interested.

adrian

C10CoryM

posted on 8/7/08 at 02:19 AM Reply With Quote
Heater core height has no real bearing on operation. So long as one side is on the pressure side and one is on the suction side it will flow fine.
Only tip is to mount it low, and aim the ends up a little so air can bleed out. Some heater cores are a pain to bleed.
Cheers.

"Our watchword evermore shall be: The Maple Leaf Forever!"

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
John Bonnett

posted on 8/7/08 at 08:05 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks Chaps, I'm pleased to hear it will be okay low down because there realy is no other option.

Adrian, thank you for your kind offer but I do have a mini heater and an even smaller one that I have custom built.

Thank you both for your help.

atb

John

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.