Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Ka Clocks
Stott

posted on 9/9/08 at 07:42 PM Reply With Quote
Ka Clocks

Evening,

I've found some Ka clocks in the garage out of an 03 collection with the silver faces and got to thinking that they might look nice with a cnc'd front panel in the centre of my dash, but....

1: I can get a cable for it from CBS but callibration? Any experiences whether they are the same as the sierra ones? / rough enough?

2: No tach present, do I just have a huge shift light in place of the engine management light or does anyone know of a diy type I can fit into the bottom of the cluster, bar graph or numerical?

3: No water temp present, as Q2, warning lamp only or diy equivalent?

Failing that it will be an Acewell 3250 but I don't really like the look of it and have been told it's a bit crappy

whitestu

posted on 9/9/08 at 07:48 PM Reply With Quote
I've got an Acewell and am very happy with it - works really well.

Stu

Stott

posted on 9/9/08 at 07:55 PM Reply With Quote
Great, how's the wiring, have been informed it's alittle flimsy although this is prob bad information.....

How/where did you mount the speedo pickup?

tegwin

posted on 9/9/08 at 09:46 PM Reply With Quote
IMHO...Wouldnt bother with the KA clocks...

If you had a cluster with all the functions you needed I would say its worth while getting an electronic controler for it, but not worth it for those...

Guages/stack dashes are not that expensive

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Would the last person who leaves the country please switch off the lights and close the door!

www.verticalhorizonsmedia.tv

Stott

posted on 9/9/08 at 10:28 PM Reply With Quote
I don't need a controller of any sort as the fuel gauge is the right resistance range, the speedo is cable driven and it has all the required warning lamps, just was wondering about a cheap small tacho & temp gauge to fit into it

Gauges are circa £400 with senders last time I looked which is why I'm considering the 3250 at £88 ish all in

whitestu

posted on 10/9/08 at 09:06 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

Great, how's the wiring, have been informed it's alittle flimsy although this is prob bad information.....

Wiring seemed fine to me - I've certainly had no problems with it.

quote:

How/where did you mount the speedo pickup?

The magnet is glued to the prop with Epoxy and then wrapped with tape. The pick up is mounted on a bracket bolted to the chassis - it works fine, and I've had not problems except when I forgot to tighten the bolts and the bracket fell off.

The fuel gauge works perfectly with the Sierra sender, and you also get a volt meter and temp gauge as well.

Stu

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.