Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: In Tank fuel pump in swirl pot?
DaveFJ

posted on 13/7/09 at 12:05 PM Reply With Quote
I am currently looking at putting in a restrictor based on the discussions on here. however, my restrictor will be in the swirl pot overflow return to the tank....

Dave

"In Support of Help the Heroes" - Always

nz_climber

posted on 11/8/09 at 02:01 AM Reply With Quote
Sorry to bring this up again, I am also going to go down this path of intank pump in swirl pot, the idea of having it lower than the main tank is good but then you'll have an awfully exposed swirl pot hanging from the bottom of the car (with position of most 7's fuel tanks)

I am putting my swirl pot inside the main tank, swirl pot capacity is about 2L and main tank about 34L Here is a wee drawing I came up with, but might also run the lift pump as intank too. Also the positions of inlets and outlets have changed as I have read the inlet to swirl pot should be low on the pot.

http://aarons7.wordpress.com

fatbaldbloke

posted on 11/8/09 at 08:01 AM Reply With Quote
If you take a look at the throttle bodies page in my website there's some notes and photos concerning the restrictor (and other stuff). 1mm in the return line from the swirlpot to the tank is fine.

There's no need to make it a long hole. Take an 8mm bar, drill something like a 4mm hole almost the length of the bar, then just break through with the 1mm, so it's more of an orifice than a long hole.

There was also a comment earlier about time to bleed the system, I didn't find that. It leaked very quickly after turning the fuel pump on...seriously, it's not a problem and the swirl pot doesn't drain down once it's full, so instant starting every time.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.