Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: what annoys you when locosting?
gazza285

posted on 24/9/04 at 09:31 AM Reply With Quote
'Tis I, as cantankerous as ever.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
barrie sharp

posted on 24/9/04 at 10:09 AM Reply With Quote
mine is when people talk about your pride and joy
What kit is it ? 'i built it all 'yea but from what kit?

or did you build it ' Yes ' No you didnt did you?

the cars looking good" a blind man would be pleased to see it"
''stop press'' the blind mans seen it said "it felt ok"

phelpsa

posted on 24/9/04 at 12:32 PM Reply With Quote
I'm Locoster!!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
gazza285

posted on 26/9/04 at 06:32 PM Reply With Quote
I know.
phelpsa

posted on 26/9/04 at 07:58 PM Reply With Quote
I saw your post on racecar just after I posted the one on here. It's the spelling that gave me away.

Adam

wilkingj

posted on 26/9/04 at 09:09 PM Reply With Quote
I hate my depression. I hate myself.
I am overweight, pi55ed off, hate my job, and just generally fed up.

I am having a bad time, and "retail therapy" has only made things worse (financially).

So.. I sold my boat, my other Land Rover (My Off Road toy), and the half built Locost. I have cleared the car port, and the garage is next. I am selling the computers - All 3 of them, that only leaves me with the other 7 in the house.
I still have a pile of crap to sell, its all going...

I need to clear out all the hoarded gear I have collected over the last few years.

My neighbours have shown their true colours last year when I put in for planning permission for a 45ft Mast in the garden (I am a Radio Ham as well).
From " I can listen to their mobile phone calls) to casting "Sun Dial Effect" shadows over their house. The fact is they live too far away for that to be true.
I got 8 objecting households. But I managed to beat them. Its made me a nervous wreck. Parish Council were good though.
Its got bugger all to do with mobile Phones, but try telling these "Expert neighbors"! I have been in Comms both professionally and as a hobby for 35 years).

Sod them all... I need to buy (more retail therapy ) a BIG angle grinder, and use it at 3AM. Except the Disc Cutter I bought off Ebay has not arrived despite being bought 3 weeks ago. The ebay "store" are not answering my emails any more (despite being polite).
Damn it... its all going wrong for me.

Sorry Guys (and Gals) I just need to unload and unwind.

Geoff - who is not a happy bunny at the moment.

phelpsa

posted on 26/9/04 at 09:12 PM Reply With Quote
Bad luck geoff, I know that radio mast would have made your life 300% better.

Adam

wilkingj

posted on 26/9/04 at 09:25 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the sentiments Adam.

I beat them, and won, I got my Mast, despite their petty arguments.

I have just bought a rover v8, engine, and need to build a frame for it, so I can start and run it as a stationary engine, (no silencers)

I think your the young 'un on the list. Saw you web site, Keep working on it, its worth it. Good luck to you mate.. Have fun whilst you can. Making things with your own hands and brain, is a great asset, it will provide you with invaluable knowlege / experiences.

Thanks for your thoughts..

Best Regards

Geoffw

(there is another Geoff out there, so I have started to sign with the "W" at the end, so I dont get confused!.

1. The point of a journey is not to arrive.
2. Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Best Regards
Geoff
http://www.v8viento.co.uk

blueshift

posted on 27/9/04 at 12:15 AM Reply With Quote
hey geoff, you can have our rover v8 frame for free if you want. it's just sitting around gathering rust. Made it to do the same thing as you, "bench" run it without silencers. lovely racket
wilkingj

posted on 27/9/04 at 08:36 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by blueshift
hey geoff, you can have our rover v8 frame for free if you want. it's just sitting around gathering rust. Made it to do the same thing as you, "bench" run it without silencers. lovely racket

Yes Please, I was well down last night, it was not a good weekend, I let both My Coil Srung Tax Free Lightweight Land Rover go, and the Locost project.

Its really bare under the car port. I suppose its for the best.
A good Throbbing V8 will cheer me up!.

U2U me with a phone number or what ever, and we can talk off line.

Thanks.
Geoff (felling a bit better already)

Best Regards
Geoff

phelpsa

posted on 27/9/04 at 09:41 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks geoff, will do.

Glad you got your mast, (just re read it and it all became clear)

Adam

Peteff

posted on 27/9/04 at 11:59 AM Reply With Quote
I still have a pile of crap to sell.

Do you own a horse then Geoff? Stable near us gives it away but you have to bring your own bags. .

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

stephen_gusterson

posted on 27/9/04 at 12:42 PM Reply With Quote
I passed my RAE when I was 16 (29 years ago) but lack of funds and unwillingness to learn morse kinda limited things.

My call sign is G7IWM - but Ive not held a license for years.

I cant imagine anyones neighbour willingly wanting someone to have a 45 ft mast in their garden...........

atb

steve

wilkingj

posted on 27/9/04 at 10:32 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Peteff
Do you own a horse then Geoff? Stable near us gives it away but you have to bring your own bags. .

No I dont have a Hoss!. I would prefer to own a Bull... you get better quality Sh*t !!

Thanks guys (and gals if there are any) You have all cheered me a bit.

Geoffw

Best Regards
Geoff

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.