Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Have you painted the inside of your garage?
40inches

posted on 23/10/13 at 05:12 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by T66
I haven't painted my floor, preferring off cuts of carpet around the car, my old knick knacky knees prefer padding on a deep pile....

but I'm often grinding/cutting

Had many carpet fires?

me!

posted on 23/10/13 at 05:57 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CNHSS1

walls colour matched to tyre treads, very neat

I was thinking that- he could have let it dry before wheeling the car in!

T66

posted on 23/10/13 at 07:29 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 40inches
quote:
Originally posted by T66
I haven't painted my floor, preferring off cuts of carpet around the car, my old knick knacky knees prefer padding on a deep pile....

but I'm often grinding/cutting

Had many carpet fires?

I restored a Lada in a carpeted garage, of course I had fires. .......

Theres plenty more volatile stuff in my garage than carpet

dhutch

posted on 24/10/13 at 06:29 PM Reply With Quote
Don't be tempted to use cheap paint either, far less pigment in it, go for Dulux.
yellowcab

posted on 24/10/13 at 06:43 PM Reply With Quote
I used the cheapest shittest masonary paint I could find, which was £15 for 2x 10litre tubs of Wickes own brand white.

That was a year ago - still looks alreeeeet

LOL @ my treads

DIY Si

posted on 25/10/13 at 09:43 AM Reply With Quote
Like wise for my paint, although having wooden walls makes a difference. Wall and ceiling paint can be cheap, but cheap floor paint is a waste of time. Thankfully Watco have a discount part of their website so I managed to get a £140 pot of epoxy paint delivered for £40. And it makes the floor waterproof.

quote:
Originally posted by mcerd1
quote:
Originally posted by slingshot2000
Wouldn't happen to have anything to do with the number of fluorescent lights you have in there, would it ?

but think how many lights he'd need if the walls/floor/ceiling wasn't painted

There's only 550W or so of light in there, but they're switched for front/rear halves. Having built the whole workshop from scratch, I'd hate to have less light now! But I did start building it last December, and it's still not finished.

“Let your plans be dark and as impenetratable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
Sun Tzu, The Art of War

My new blog: http://spritecave.blogspot.co.uk/

whitestu

posted on 25/10/13 at 10:16 AM Reply With Quote
I haven't painted the inside of my house yet!

Stu

DIY Si

posted on 25/10/13 at 10:49 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by whitestu
I haven't painted the inside of my house yet!

Stu

But that doesn't count. Unless you need to do it in payment for garage time.......

“Let your plans be dark and as impenetratable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
Sun Tzu, The Art of War

daveb666

posted on 25/10/13 at 10:59 AM Reply With Quote
My garage is in the lower floor of our 3 storey town-house so is toasty warm most of the year The walls are concrete blocks on the outer and back wall with thermite blocks on the inner wall.

I painted all the walls in white (cheapest paint I could find from BnQ) using an electric spray gun from Machine Mart. First 2 coats were 50/50 paint and water and the last coat just paint.

I did a 12inch high 'skirting board' in dark grey around the edges to stop dirt showing, then added a foam floor that I bought from Costco (just £80 all in!).

2007bc Photography - Commercial and Wedding Photographer based in West Yorkshire

http://www.2007bc.co.uk / http://www.huddersfieldcommercialphotographer.co.uk

DIY Si

posted on 25/10/13 at 11:40 AM Reply With Quote
I did think of doing the painted skirting board effect as it's something I'd seen before and really liked the look and idea behind it. But I decided to just used treated timber for the lower part of my stud walls and leave a 1" gap under the ply lining instead as I'm lazy.

Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Krismc

posted on 25/10/13 at 05:14 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by daveb666
My garage is in the lower floor of our 3 storey town-house so is toasty warm most of the year The walls are concrete blocks on the outer and back wall with thermite blocks on the inner wall.

I painted all the walls in white (cheapest paint I could find from BnQ) using an electric spray gun from Machine Mart. First 2 coats were 50/50 paint and water and the last coat just paint.

I did a 12inch high 'skirting board' in dark grey around the edges to stop dirt showing, then added a foam floor that I bought from Costco (just £80 all in!).

Davie....you just wrote my post for me!!!!!!!

I have bnq white paint, watered it down first, used machine mart sprayer, put down costco flooring,....... and live in........you guessed it a 3 story town house

Built, Ivaed, Drove and now Sold - 2011 MNR VORTX RT+ 2000cc Zetec on R1 Throttle boddies.

Andybarbet

posted on 25/10/13 at 05:45 PM Reply With Quote
Just to add a bit of diversity, i painted my garage walls pastel yellow as I was given buckets of it for free, used screwfix floornpaint, 6 years later still looks great but I did cover alot of the floor in rubber mondo tiles, free from work :-)

And yes, I live in a 3 storey townhouse with a toasty warm integral garage too - nice !

Give a man a fish & it will feed him for a day, give him a fishing rod & you've saved a fish.

Krismc

posted on 25/10/13 at 06:07 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Andybarbet
Just to add a bit of diversity, i painted my garage walls pastel yellow as I was given buckets of it for free, used screwfix floornpaint, 6 years later still looks great but I did cover alot of the floor in rubber mondo tiles, free from work :-)

And yes, I live in a 3 storey townhouse with a toasty warm integral garage too - nice !

did dell boy give you it? and does it glow

Built, Ivaed, Drove and now Sold - 2011 MNR VORTX RT+ 2000cc Zetec on R1 Throttle boddies.

woodster

posted on 25/10/13 at 06:14 PM Reply With Quote
The best thing I fitted to my garage was a double radiator the central heating boilers in there so it was easy to fit a rad , I put a new roof and ceiling on , painted the floor with 2 pack paint , painted the ceiling white and fitted a double 6 foot florecent light with a socket on the ceiling for an inspection lamp ..... Been a nice place to be whilst peeling the mini shell of under seal.
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.