Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Show me your insides!
zetec

posted on 19/6/07 at 09:40 AM Reply With Quote
Flat ply panels have some 6mm foam on first, used spray glue for this as trying to get Evostik on is a pain. Then used spray glue again to put the vinyl /leather on to the front face, let this dry for 30 mins then do the sections which fold round the back of the panel in contact/Evostik as this is the bit that seems to take all the stress and its easier to do as it is a smaller area. Do as it says on the tin, apply the contact adhesive, let it go off then apply just as much stretch to the material to get it flat and then push the two glue surfaces together and the should grip. I've found in the past that if you really need to stretch the material it will only pull apart when it gets hot. Cut oversize and trim back once its applied.

The trick with corners is not to have too much material, cut across the corners to leave just enough to cover the base and fix it.

Good luck.

" I only registered to look at the pictures, now I'm stuck with this username for the rest of my life!"

Peteff

posted on 19/6/07 at 11:24 AM Reply With Quote
Cover all the loose cut edges on the back with some gaffer tape as well and if you can, put a couple of staples in to help hold them.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

darrens

posted on 19/6/07 at 06:27 PM Reply With Quote
dito with contact spray glue, my attept anyhow, but not fully finished yet.

[Edited on 19/6/07 by darrens]

zetec

posted on 19/6/07 at 07:15 PM Reply With Quote
Now that I like...

" I only registered to look at the pictures, now I'm stuck with this username for the rest of my life!"

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.