Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Unrest..
coozer

posted on 11/3/09 at 06:12 PM Reply With Quote
Unrest..

Summers comin' and its going to be hot... 3 million restless soles on the dole and scum coming here raiding our paid up benefit system...

Anyone sense any unrest?

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

koiking125

posted on 11/3/09 at 06:15 PM Reply With Quote
We can only hope
theconrodkid

posted on 11/3/09 at 06:16 PM Reply With Quote
there was a bit on the news some time ago,plod were asking for more money to "deal with the expected trouble" so i would say yes and not without reason

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

mookaloid

posted on 11/3/09 at 06:17 PM Reply With Quote
Seen evidence of this only today.

A Lituanian in our office been here 1 week and asking if we accept housing benefit in our flats because he isn't working!!!!!

"That thing you're thinking - it wont be that."

Jon Ison

posted on 11/3/09 at 06:21 PM Reply With Quote
Lets just say I did not like what I saw in Luton yesterday and leave it at that.

zilspeed

posted on 11/3/09 at 06:24 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jon Ison
Lets just say I did not like what I saw in Luton yesterday and leave it at that.

To those if us living a million miles north of Luton, this pretty much means zilch.

Care to elaborate ?

(Seriously, haven't a clue what you're referring to.)

theconrodkid

posted on 11/3/09 at 06:42 PM Reply With Quote
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1160958/Now-Muslim-hate-preacher-mocks-British-troops-dead-comrade-shame-homecoming-protest.html

the joys of luton

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

Canada EH!

posted on 11/3/09 at 06:53 PM Reply With Quote
Just heard in the news last night the highest percentage of Teleban outside of Afganistan are here in Canada, and we keep losing soldiers in that war. Make you just want to kick their respective asses back were they came from.
Guinness

posted on 11/3/09 at 06:53 PM Reply With Quote
I'd be up for a bit of anarchy. Time for the system to change.

When were you thinking? I'd be grateful if you could let me know a few days in advance, so I can organise childcare, wash my bandana, iron my combat jacket etc.

Oh and I can't do Wednesdays, and most mornings are a bit tricky for me.

Basically though, any afternoon next week would be fine for me.

Cheers

Mike

P.S. I once had an in depth discussion with my old man about politics. He's a liberal at heart. He looked a bit disappointed when he analysed my politics as a Radical Revolutionary in favour of overthrowing the current polictical system and installing a Swiss model of politics.

blakep82

posted on 11/3/09 at 06:56 PM Reply With Quote
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_sJmIQrH54

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

Antnicuk

posted on 11/3/09 at 06:57 PM Reply With Quote
In relation to violent crime, the odd few days of good weather have proved very busy. With lots more people with nothing to do I would think is going to be a bumper summer for violence

600 BHP per ton, Stylus Brought back from the dead! Turbo Rotary Powered!

James

posted on 11/3/09 at 07:20 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by theconrodkid
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1160958/Now-Muslim-hate-preacher-mocks-British-troops-dead-comrade-shame-homecoming-protest.html

the joys of luton

They're just a bunch of nutters. Best ignored!

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"
Voltaire

At the end of the day, we are lucky enough to live in a democracy and fortunately have free speech.

Obviously, I don't support their sentiment. But I'm happy that this country allows people to say things!
If you start censoring, where does it end?

Cheers,
James

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

blakep82

posted on 11/3/09 at 07:37 PM Reply With Quote
so we're expecting a good hot summer? its a good start

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

theconrodkid

posted on 11/3/09 at 07:42 PM Reply With Quote
quote:Originally posted by theconrodkid

the joys of luton

They're just a bunch of nutters. Best ignored!

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"
Voltaire

At the end of the day, we are lucky enough to live in a democracy and fortunately have free speech.

Obviously, I don't support their sentiment. But I'm happy that this country allows people to say things!
If you start censoring, where does it end?

Cheers,
James

unfortunately the freedom to spout hate and solicit murder is reserved for a select few,you go and wave a placard about and see how long it is before you get a truncheon over the head

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

Jon Ison

posted on 11/3/09 at 08:01 PM Reply With Quote
^^^^^^^^ what he just said.

I travel the world over, aside from the western world no where would you be allowed to do that.

I could go onto rant but whats the point.

sickbag

posted on 11/3/09 at 08:33 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by coozer
Summers comin' and its going to be hot... 3 million restless soles on the dole and scum coming here raiding our paid up benefit system...

Anyone sense any unrest?

I'd best get down the gym and start preparing. Seriously, I'm really out of condition.

Although I don't condone violence, I do support it.

Finally back on the job!

Project7

posted on 11/3/09 at 09:38 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

we are lucky enough to live in a democracy and fortunately have free speech.

I fail to see how voting once every 4 years for a group of people who have no intention of keeping its promises is a democracy.

If you are told you are free you will believe you are free, and you can't trust freedom when its not in your hands!

Andi

posted on 11/3/09 at 10:02 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Project7
quote:

we are lucky enough to live in a democracy and fortunately have free speech.

I fail to see how voting once every 4 years for a group of people who have no intention of keeping its promises is a democracy.

If you are told you are free you will believe you are free, and you can't trust freedom when its not in your hands!

Its gotta be said!
Both excellent points

Daddylonglegs

posted on 11/3/09 at 10:12 PM Reply With Quote
Well, sorry to be dissapointing, but if I get my finger out, I intend to be driving the kit around the countryside and nowhere near any 'unruly' towns/cities

It looks like the Midget is winning at the moment......

chrisg

posted on 11/3/09 at 10:32 PM Reply With Quote
I could do with a bit of a riot, I "liberated" my first stereo from Dixons in the poll tax riots and I'm hoping to upgrade to a blu-ray player, but It'll have to be Currys Digital this time........

Note to all: I really don't know when to leave well alone. I tried to get clever with the mods, then when they gave me a lifeline to see the error of my ways, I tried to incite more trouble via u2u. So now I'm banned, never to return again. They should have done it years ago!

cooke80

posted on 11/3/09 at 10:41 PM Reply With Quote
^^^
I could en with a new telly myself, maybe even a lap top. Bring on the summer.

Wonder how fast i could run carrying a chest freezer?

greggors84

posted on 11/3/09 at 11:24 PM Reply With Quote
You could take the 7 out for a drive in the sun, ram raid currys during the riots and pick your self up a nice new flat screen. I reckon a 42" would strap to the roll bar nicely.

Might as well the most of the sun while its here!

Chris

The Magnificent 7!

James

posted on 12/3/09 at 12:27 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by theconrodkid

unfortunately the freedom to spout hate and solicit murder is reserved for a select few,you go and wave a placard about and see how long it is before you get a truncheon over the head

You have to have permission to hold a protest now.

These people *had got permission* from the Police for their protest.

In the circumstances I think it was a mistake to allow the protest at the same as the troops celebration. But that's the Police's fault.

If you yourself get permission for your protest then you can do exactly the same as them (or whatever else you want to say- free bacon sarnies on NHS etc. etc. ).

Cheers,
James

[Edited on 12/3/09 by James]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

James

posted on 12/3/09 at 12:37 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jon Ison
^^^^^^^^ what he just said.

I travel the world over, aside from the western world no where would you be allowed to do that.

I could go onto rant but whats the point.

I'm not quite sure what you're saying.
Is your point that we should be restricting freedom of speech in this country?
Maybe a committee decides what is or isn't acceptable to say in public?

Or something akin to Iran? Or Zimbabwe maybe?

People have fought and died for this society to allow us to say what we want (not to the extent of the US admittedly). Where would you draw the line as to what you can or can't say? Or who can or can't say it?
Who should make that decision on what is allowed and what isn't?
What happens when it's *you* who wants to protest, but it's a protest that's against the majority view. Under the current system you can say what you want. In a state where there are restrictions you might suddenly be the one unable to say what you want.

Freedom of speech is a rare thing in this world, we are lucky to have it!

Cheers,
James

Simon

posted on 12/3/09 at 01:49 AM Reply With Quote
I think the speech says it all!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chqi8m4CEEY

Where's Guy Fawkes.......

ATB

Simon

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.