Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Subaru Drivers?%!
coozer

posted on 5/5/09 at 07:35 AM Reply With Quote
Subaru Drivers?%!

Sorry to stereotype like, but are all Impreza drivers kn0bheads??

Coming back from Stoneleigh encountered two (at different times) who seemed intent on getting into the car with me.

I'm coming up the A614 to turn left and join the A1 and No. 1 is in the right lane to turn right then cut over behind me and as I dispatched the truck just off the sliproad chav mans melting me backend with his lights!

Then cruising up past Wetherby No. 2 comes past and cuts me up.

Some thing wrong with these people??

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

A1

posted on 5/5/09 at 07:40 AM Reply With Quote
i think infortunately there are quite a few f*nnys that drive them, although, i know one or two subaru drivers who arent like that at all.
probably something to do with the fact you can get old scabby ones for not too much now, so stupid wee ars*s get hold of them with the view that a fast car makes a good driver.

Mr Whippy

posted on 5/5/09 at 07:46 AM Reply With Quote
them and Audi drivers, biggest d^cks on the road

had an argument this morning with some big fat jag driver who thought I hadn't given him enough room (on my bike) for his big fat lardy ass. Put a nice long scratch in his paint from one of my gloves knuckle rivets as he drove away

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
nick205

posted on 5/5/09 at 07:53 AM Reply With Quote
Trouble is that a lot of drivers (far from limited to Scoobys) see another fast car (kit cars included) as a challenge and feel they have to start pi55ing about showing how good their cars are.

There's definitely some truth in the affordability thing though - Scoobys can be had cheap these days which puts them ripe for being driven by the Max Power brigade.

Mr Whippy

posted on 5/5/09 at 08:12 AM Reply With Quote
Just makes you wonder how many of them are insured properly as that can be more than the Subaru even worth. Far too many speeding drivers these days on the roads due to the cars being mind numbingly boring unless your screaming along well above the speed limit, one of the things I like about classic cars is you don’t need to go fast to get some fun, like 60mph in a MG midget is really flying on country roads and about the same a 140mph in a Subaru.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Worzey

posted on 5/5/09 at 08:13 AM Reply With Quote
As a former Subaru driver who now drives an Audi A3 I don't like the direction this thread is taking.......we don't all drive like that.

I remember when the Impreza Turbo meant you were a member of an exclusive club where other Scooby drivers waved as you passed.

Unfortunately, as used prices have fallen, they have fallen into the hands of some who give the rest a bad name.

I sold mine when my daughter was born. At that tme boy racers wanted to race me and cut me up because of the car I drove. Not my cup of tea, especially when I had a baby in the car

Does the Velocity give me a special exception from the above tarring?

Caterham R400

GBaggott

posted on 5/5/09 at 08:14 AM Reply With Quote
haha,
I'm a scooby driver and a kitcar driver - i have the slightly more expensive scooby so i'm not fully in the chav bracket although my friends put me in that bracket to take the piss.

When driving the scooby i do sometimes find myself driving like a tit, its just so fast and easy to drive. But its also sensible with 4 doors and a boot.

So apologies if ive ever cut you up or driven right up your arse!! I tend only to do this when BMWs feel they have a right to stay in the fast lane on the motorway.

Driving both though i do think the scooby would give any kitcar a good race on the road - not on the track.

eznfrank

posted on 5/5/09 at 08:29 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by coozer
Some thing wrong with these people??

yes, they couldn't afford a Lancer.

jeffw

posted on 5/5/09 at 08:33 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
had an argument this morning with some big fat jag driver who thought I hadn't given him enough room (on my bike) for his big fat lardy ass. Put a nice long scratch in his paint from one of my gloves knuckle rivets as he drove away

I don't know the circumstances but that sounds like criminal damage to me and you'll give Bikers a bad name. Did you really need to damage someones car ?????

scootz

posted on 5/5/09 at 08:44 AM Reply With Quote
Don't you just love a bit of stereotyping!

A nob is a nob irrespective of what kind of car they drive...

To say that drivers of 'X' or 'Y' cars are ALL nobs is just a bit... well... nobbish!

Mr Whippy

posted on 5/5/09 at 08:45 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Worzey
As a former Subaru driver who now drives an Audi A3 I don't like the direction this thread is taking.......we don't all drive like that.

Does the Velocity give me a special exception from the above tarring?

true not all do drive aggressively and its bad practice to generalize but the amount that do seems to greatly outweigh the rest.

I can honestly say the last few days I've had various Audi's (a blue one this morning) right up behind me too close for the conditions and at work some of the engineers were complaining about them on the way to work, especially driving right but behind to intimidate people to give way.

Fortunately I haven’t seen much of the same behaviour from Subaru Impreza drivers up here.

A1

posted on 5/5/09 at 08:46 AM Reply With Quote
evos are now being driven by complete fools too, theres loads of 6s and under being bought by idiots.
however...how many bmw/merc/4x4 etc etc drivers are there? im beginning to think maybe just most drivers are crap and shouldnt be on the road...?

Mr Whippy

posted on 5/5/09 at 08:51 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jeffw
quote:

I don't know the circumstances but that sounds like criminal damage to me and you'll give Bikers a bad name. Did you really need to damage someones car ?????

fair cheered me up wasn't your car was it? I did resist putting my fist through his wing mirror so not all bad. You should have seen me behind the wheel of a bus, what a c%nt, always getting a telling off from my supervisor for fights with car drivers, never claimed to be an angel myself. I just don’t drive aggressively but do have a short fuse.

Are you sure bikers actually have a good name?

scootz

posted on 5/5/09 at 08:56 AM Reply With Quote
I think that, in general, this issue is directly related to the financial f*ck up that is the world economy!

Finance co's have been far too quick to throw cash at folk who want THAT car now at £199 a month for the rest of theirs (and their childrens) natural lives!

Hence societies arses have been able to buy into brands that were previously the reserve of the... erm... reserved!

This has not gone unnoticed by these brands, so they have tweaked their previously reserved ranges with 'go faster' types that attract said arses!

*Disclaimer: I could be wrong... I frequently am!

tomprescott

posted on 5/5/09 at 09:08 AM Reply With Quote
I think that 4x4 drivers in general are worse! But I also agree that there are a lot of idiot drivers in subarus (and round by me vectras that have been lowered, re-sprayed and has a weasley looking 17 year-old peering over the steering wheel)

Unfortunately until an oppressive regime takes control of the country, idiots will be able to buy any car they can afford!

madmandegge

posted on 5/5/09 at 09:26 AM Reply With Quote
I had a silver A3 almost kill me through various mistakes he made whilst cutting me up, overtaking dangerously and peppering my car with grit and stones

I'd calmed down about half an hour later, was rather annoyed at the time

Again not stereotyping, but noone else has had the urge to try and kill me this year

Danozeman

posted on 5/5/09 at 09:43 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

Trouble is that a lot of drivers (far from limited to Scoobys) see another fast car (kit cars included) as a challenge and feel they have to start pi55ing about showing how good their cars are.

I had that from an M3 on my way home sunday. He kept looking at me while revving with his window open. I did shout wanker at him whether he heard or not i dont know.

i find 4x4s are worse round here. They try to barge me out of the way regular but i dont give up.

Dan

Built the purple peril!! Let the modifications begin!!

http://www.eastangliankitcars.co.uk

r1_pete

posted on 5/5/09 at 10:20 AM Reply With Quote
Oh god, where does that put me then, with a 4x4, a Bike, and a modified mgb, thank god I aint got an Audi, Evo, or a Scooby.

Ben_Copeland

posted on 5/5/09 at 10:47 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by r1_pete
Oh god, where does that put me then, with a 4x4, a Bike, and a modified mgb, thank god I aint got an Audi, Evo, or a Scooby.

Enemy number one i think

Ben

Locost Map on Google Maps

Z20LET Astra Turbo, into a Haynes Roadster

Enter Your Details Here
http://www.facebook.com/EquinoxProducts for all your bodywork needs!

scudderfish

posted on 5/5/09 at 11:10 AM Reply With Quote
The thing is you only notice the ones who are driving like a cock. All the non-cock drivers are just part of the scenery and they don't register, so you form your impression based upon the drivers you do notice.
Peteff

posted on 5/5/09 at 11:28 AM Reply With Quote
There's a Silver Subaru round here with every sticker known to man and an exhaust you can hear from a mile away. The other day he parked outside our house on a double yellow line with two wheels on the kerb and walked off up the street for about 45 minutes. The bl**dy parking wardens never appeared and I was very disappointed.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

Dangle_kt

posted on 5/5/09 at 12:25 PM Reply With Quote
I have a personal opinion that it is down to people not having nice cars, and then getting them.

As soon as they do they think they are a cut above.

You see it regularly with Audi's as they are popular company cars due to low tax on diesel engines - so it tends to be the first new or nearly new flash motor.

Scooby drivers fall into the same boat, as its probably a big step up from the chavtastic corsa they used to own.

Another group that I find aweful on the road are young professional women, like 19-25 ish who feel the need to drive like IDIOTS. My wife used to be one, and you spot loads of them, they tend to have soft top pug 206's and the like after getting a good job.

Its all tantamount to cocking their leg on the gatepost in my opinion, people trying to show they have "made it" or whatever.

Kind stupid really if you ask me, but as I'm allowed to do as I please pretty much, I'm not about to demand that others are restricted simply becuase I think they are nobs.

iscmatt
Contributor

Posts 1929
Registered 30/3/06
Location York

Photo Archive Go!
Building: - BUILT - 2.0 pinto indy, Kent Cam, zzr1100 carbs

posted on 5/5/09 at 12:46 PM Reply With Quote
I haven't read the whole post but i was also pounced on by an impreza in the fog on the moors a couple of weeks back. I was cruising and had slowed to allow a car to pass coming in the other direction, the next second i see a huge intercooler and bright lights in my rear view mirror, front splitter scraping the ground a tyres all of a screech as he braked (presumably) very hard to avoid colliding into me. I let the car that was coming the other way past and waved the impreza past me - better in front than behind was my thinking,

gottabedone

posted on 5/5/09 at 02:41 PM Reply With Quote
Unfortunately it doesn't seem to matter what the car is - there are chavs in every price range.

Going home on Friday afternoon, a Beemer 525 tried a 7 car overtake in a 50 limit. He didn't notice that the 7 cars that he overtook were all sat behind a tractor doing 30. He must have been piling along at 70-80 at a guess and with some massive breaking fishtailed into some poor buggers braking distance before he hit a bollard in the middle of the road - That must have been a real brown trouse moment - all over his nice leather
I only knew he was there when I heard the engine roar on his way past
He finally got past on double whites on a junction!

unfortunately as said earlier, it is the bad ones that we notice!!

Steve

Ivan

posted on 5/5/09 at 03:30 PM Reply With Quote
As a Subi Forester Driver (Subaru and a 4X4 and a turbo ) and almost 60 years old!!! I'd hate to think where that ranks me.

Maybe my Cobra in the garage and Se7en on the build table will go some way in reducing the *rse factor in your ranking.

Anyway - who cares- I enjoy the performance and handling and the general all round competence of the car on gravel.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.