Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Quick release steering wheel adaptor fitted
Humbug

posted on 10/5/09 at 07:40 PM Reply With Quote
Quick release steering wheel adaptor fitted

Thanks to Clairetoo who turned a chunk of ali into a great two-piece quick release
adapter for my steering wheel. I fitted it today - makes it a lot easier to get in an out of the car! It makes the wheel about 1" closer to me but that's fine too.

[Edited on 10.05.2009 by Humbug] Rescued attachment 2009-05-10 5 Steering wheel with quick release adaptor.JPG
Rescued attachment 2009-05-10 5 Steering wheel with quick release adaptor.JPG

blakep82

posted on 10/5/09 at 07:45 PM Reply With Quote
is there anything she can't do on a lathe?!

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

omega0684

posted on 10/5/09 at 08:08 PM Reply With Quote
i saw it at her house, its a proper nice piece of kit, i've got to get her to make me one now!

who did that carbon fibre disc in the middle of your wheel, that looks dead smart, i want one!

[Edited on 10/5/09 by omega0684]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
clairetoo

posted on 10/5/09 at 08:28 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by omega0684
i saw it at her house, its a proper nice piece of kit, i've got to get her to make me one now!

who did that carbon fibre disc in the middle of your wheel, that looks dead smart, i want one!

Well.............I've got some ally , and a big off-cut of carbon sheet.........

Its cuz I is blond , innit

Claire xx

Will weld for food......

Humbug

posted on 10/5/09 at 09:21 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by omega0684

It's a bit I cut out to make the holes in the dash for the instruments. I cut it to size, then removed the pushing bit of the horn and sanded it down flat and stuck the c/f on

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.