New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: 21 year old insurance for subaru turbo
madteg

posted on 28/6/09 at 12:01 PM Reply With Quote
21 year old insurance for subaru turbo

Where would be the best place to look as my son has his heart set on one
BenB

posted on 28/6/09 at 12:05 PM Reply With Quote
Unless the excess is huge I think it's time to visit Peter Pan in Neverneverland!!!!!
cd.thomson

posted on 28/6/09 at 12:07 PM Reply With Quote
halifax insured me on my 1.9 205 with 1 years no claims when I was 21 (just turned 22). £650/year fully comp with £600 excess or something like that.

Craig

rayward

posted on 28/6/09 at 12:07 PM Reply With Quote
i;m 35 with full no claims, and i couldn;t get cover for less than £500 wherever i looked, and they insisted on a tracker with £250 a year subscription

as said above, think he might struggle

omega0684

posted on 28/6/09 at 12:13 PM Reply With Quote
tell him to not loose faith and you'll revisit the dream in 4 years time on his 25th borthday
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Paradoxia0

posted on 28/6/09 at 12:40 PM Reply With Quote
I went with Privilege when I was 23 and got my Cavalier SRi and I was only paying about £280 fully comp - admittedly that was about 12 years ago but I haven't had a bad quote from them yet.

Mark

There is no replacement for displacement...

JoelP

posted on 28/6/09 at 12:45 PM Reply With Quote
when i was that age i used a 3rd party trade policy which started at 1800 per year, but i was driving a vast range of daft cars.

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

paul the 6th

posted on 28/6/09 at 12:50 PM Reply With Quote
hiya mate,

I'm 23 with 6 years NCB in a York postcode, no points, no claims, no nothing...

Put a quote through with direct line for this impreza (http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk/www/cars/SUBARU+IMPREZA/Ne-2-4-5-6-7-8-27-44-49-53-61-64-67-103-133-146-236,N-10-50-240-4294966889-4294966891/ad vert.action?R=200925336401722&distance=179&postcode=yo26+5pp&channel=CARS&make=SUBARU&model=IMPREZA&min_pr=2000&max_pr=&am p;max_mileage=&vehicleYearOfManufacture=1996&vehicleRegLetter=P) and I got the following:

From the information that you have provided to us, we are unable to provide you with a quotation at this time.

gotta give your son a bit of credit as I had my heart set on the same thing when I was 20. The only problen with the impreza turbo's is they're mainly group 20 insurance, so they're up there with ferrari's and other supercars. They're absolute weapons and I can imagine a 25 year old would struggle to get insurance on one of these.

Think the only way you could manage it would be to insure yourself and then have your son as a named driver but the premium will reflect it

GoDesign.me.uk - Self Adhesive Vinyl Artwork, Wide Format Printed Artwork and Customised Heat Pressed Clothing...

--------

http://picasaweb.google.com/haynesroadster - Roadster Photo Build Log

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
Myke 2463

posted on 28/6/09 at 01:08 PM Reply With Quote
Have you tried any of the insurance companies in the various performance car mags who claim to cover young drivers with fast cars.

Hows the clutch ?

Mike.

GBaggott

posted on 28/6/09 at 01:13 PM Reply With Quote
Hi
I'm 26 with an impreza turbo. I have 5 years no claims and the cheapest i could find insurance was £2100.00 !!!!

So even in 5 years its still going to be very steep.

Ive ended up as second driver on the policy with my older brother (32) as first driver this reduced the cover to £900
Could be an option to do something similar.

I think its so expensive because they are chav cars that get stolen a lot.

It is an awsome car though.

nitram38

posted on 28/6/09 at 01:30 PM Reply With Quote
Build your own car.........more fun and a lot cheaper to insure....................not so cheap to build though!

speedyxjs

posted on 28/6/09 at 02:04 PM Reply With Quote
Im with lancaster insurance with my tintop (22 and car is group 15) £560. Was about £700 last year
oadamo

posted on 28/6/09 at 02:08 PM Reply With Quote
iam 30 and mine costs me 700 on a wrx import you will be paying a lot more on a import then a uk model but with the uk model you get less power. iam with yes car insurance.
adam

blakep82

posted on 28/6/09 at 02:10 PM Reply With Quote
always put a femal driver on, even as second driver. i put my mum on my insurance for my BMW 328 3 years ago when i was 23, and that brought my insurance down by a couple of hundred, and thats still with me as first driver!

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

CraigJ

posted on 28/6/09 at 02:19 PM Reply With Quote
I paid around 700 for my Uk turbo when i was 22ish. go for a uk car as they are cheaper to insure and they are no slower than the import WRX.

b16mts

posted on 28/6/09 at 03:51 PM Reply With Quote
At 22 on old woman wrote off my 200bhp fto, so I bought a nissan skyline instead! Insurance was about £850, either with aplan or Adrian flux. Plenty of good deals put there. Buy a copy of "lax power" magazine and call some of the companies in the back.

He should get under £1500 if he's got some no claims.

Go for it!

who says you can't drive a kit car when you're 6'5"?

Thinking about it

posted on 28/6/09 at 03:59 PM Reply With Quote
A bloke over the road sold a Y plate one last year. A 19 year old bought it I think he said the insurance for the 19 year old was £2100
Danozeman

posted on 28/6/09 at 08:29 PM Reply With Quote
Theyr too common amoungst chavs now so the insurance has gone way up on them.

I looked at them when i was 24, 4 years ncb no points and couldnt get less that 1700 with tracker fitted.

Dan

Built the purple peril!! Let the modifications begin!!

http://www.eastangliankitcars.co.uk

daniel mason

posted on 28/6/09 at 08:41 PM Reply With Quote
i got insured on a V reg prodrive imprezza turbo when i was 20.then a 2002 sti when 22 then an evo 8 at 24. insurance was not more than £1,500 on any of them. all on my own insurance. the evo was the dearest and was the one i had most trouble getting insured on.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.