Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: info
car builder

posted on 18/7/09 at 06:03 PM Reply With Quote
info

Hi guys, after selling my Avon last year i have got the itch to build a MK, i want to know what bike engine to go for. R1 or GSX1ooo or somethink else, dont know much about bike engines so any help would be greatfull. how much are the revears gear boxs for them? and what sort of money are the engines?

cheers, jim.

jpindy3

posted on 18/7/09 at 06:09 PM Reply With Quote
the gearbox is in the engine,you will need a reverse box,i think you will get a good r1 with loom and ecu and clocks for 1200quid then the reverse box is somthing like 400 off of mk,
im not sure about the gsxr i was going to go bike power insted of a cosworth and i heard of gsxr s going wrong,i think r1s are the best all round
oh yes get the engine off of malcom at yorkshire engines,
[Edited on 18/7/09 by jpindy3]

[Edited on 18/7/09 by jpindy3]

eccsmk

posted on 18/7/09 at 06:11 PM Reply With Quote
for engines i would phone malc @ yorkshire engines he is da man

i think mnr have created a reverse box (?)
but i have no idea on price

A1

posted on 18/7/09 at 06:19 PM Reply With Quote
i paid 1100 for a 2003 r1 engine and full loom last year, had to buy some clocks too for about 95.
for the reverse i believe mk do a toothed flange between the diff and prop with a starter motor turning it.
a gearbox conversion would be pricey i think, plus theres the weight factor to think about.

car builder

posted on 18/7/09 at 06:34 PM Reply With Quote
cheers for the info, i have heard good things about yorkshire engines. no dout i will be asking a lot of questions soon.
eznfrank

posted on 18/7/09 at 06:48 PM Reply With Quote
As soon as my IVA is done I'll have a hardly used MK electric reverse for sale for about £250 - 300.

MNR do one for £500, but you'll need a split prop for £200 - 300 aswell. I got bored of waiting for an MNR one and changed my mind and went for the MK one as a temporary option.

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.