Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: fireblade breaking clutch cables
RIL2002

posted on 12/2/10 at 05:38 PM Reply With Quote
fireblade breaking clutch cables

Hi Folks,
I have a mk indy blade and although I have uprated the cable it still breaks at either end just where the lugs are.
The cable comes away from the soldered lug and iam begging to wonder if the clutch is faulty as it seems very heavy and I cant move the clutch lever by hand.
Idont know if the clutch has been uprated or not
Cable is free to move and running in line with everything. Its the standard mk clutch pedel with the slot at the side for the cabel, lug to go into.
Any Ideas?
Thanks

mistergrumpy

posted on 12/2/10 at 05:46 PM Reply With Quote
Where the cable is in the soldered nipple, have you frayed the ends of it out before pouring in the solder?
The clutch arm is all but impossible to move by hand so I wouldn't worry about it.

RIL2002

posted on 12/2/10 at 06:32 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the reply,
Yea I have frayed the end but will resolder again and try once more.
Anybody know if anyone can make me a clutch bracket with adjuster for my clutch cable as the one i have, has not got any adjuster or adjustment
The engine is a 1997 919 blade.
Cheers

austin man

posted on 12/2/10 at 08:34 PM Reply With Quote
is the cable able to move ?? is it breaking at the pedal end if so it could be that the cable is not being allowed to swivel therefore bending causing stress. We had this problem on a zetec engined car

Life is like a bowl of fruit, funny how all the weird looking ones are left alone

gordon h

posted on 12/2/10 at 08:46 PM Reply With Quote
use a seirra 4x4 clutch cable they do 2 u need the longest 1, cable is lined and makes the pedal easy to push even by hand.

bec is best but going to try sabb 2.3 turbo mk

Mark G

posted on 12/2/10 at 09:10 PM Reply With Quote
Mine snapped after only about 600 miles. Not ideal really. Fortunately I was only a mile away from home at the time.
RIL2002

posted on 13/2/10 at 03:16 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks again guys for the replys,
Where the cable goes through the bulkhead there is a hole with a 17mm bolt and nut through it with a 4.5mm hole bored through the centre where the inner cable goes through to the pedal.
I was wondering if i took this out and used a washer with a hole in the middle would this give me a better angle to the pedel?
Once again if anybody knows where I can buy or who makes a clutch adjuster plate for my 97, 919 blade engine I would be much obliged.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.