Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: stag do???
car builder

posted on 17/5/10 at 07:55 PM Reply With Quote
stag do???

Hi all, would you say asking people to pay £100 to come to a stag do is a bit OTT. its 2 hours of driving a tank in a tank paintball battle, then 3 hours of paintballing 300 balls. ??

http://www.armourgeddon.co.uk/

eznfrank

posted on 17/5/10 at 08:01 PM Reply With Quote
Depends whether £100 is a lot of money to the people you're asking? Sounds about right for what you're doing though.

[Edited on 17/5/10 by eznfrank]

blakep82

posted on 17/5/10 at 08:03 PM Reply With Quote
reckon £100 is a good price for what you want to do! as above, whether the people going will have a spare £100 to burn though...
also, might be a bit much to do in one day... tank driving OR painballing would be about right i think

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

car builder

posted on 17/5/10 at 08:04 PM Reply With Quote
i think £100 quid is alot, but thats just me, thats why iam asking around to c what people think. i just fancy doing somethink a bit different, not into going out and getting blindo.
mccsp

posted on 17/5/10 at 08:07 PM Reply With Quote
I think £100 is quite reasonable.

My mate is having a stag do in Prague and the flights alone are over that. I am not a big drinker in the slightest so struggled to justify it, but its an experience that won't happen much so I have bitten the bullet

You can't do much now for £100

Looks great! Go for it!

[Edited on 17/5/10 by mccsp]

Why do it the easy way, when I can do things my way!

eznfrank

posted on 17/5/10 at 08:08 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mccsp

My mate is having a stag do in Prague and the flights alone are over that.

Looks great! Go for it!

I can think of a few ways to blow £100 in Prague!!

mccsp

posted on 17/5/10 at 08:12 PM Reply With Quote
Exactly!

Why do it the easy way, when I can do things my way!

JoelP

posted on 17/5/10 at 08:14 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by eznfrank
quote:

Looks great! Go for it!

and the rest

We did paintballing and go karting in one day, with bad hangovers. You'll manage! Ask your chums if they have the spare wonga, thats the easiest approach!

And make sure they pay for you lol (assuming its your stag do)

iank

posted on 17/5/10 at 08:18 PM Reply With Quote
Make sure you get cash from everyone before booking anything (events, trips to Prague/Amsterdam etc.)

I've seen the best man being put in a really horrible position by booking these kinds of event with a large deposit and then having half the people drop out when time came to stump up the cash.

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

eznfrank

posted on 17/5/10 at 08:28 PM Reply With Quote
and beware of hidden costs - hurling in a taxi is around £70 nowadays, my brother in law is the only person I've ever seen who was about to hurl but made it out of the taxi in time, only to put his hand over his mouth and spray vomit back into the taxi - funniest thing ever!!
Danozeman

posted on 17/5/10 at 08:54 PM Reply With Quote
when i did my mates a couple of years ago i did 150 each which was for less of a thing than you. And it covered the stag.

3 nights away paintballing dogs etc.

As said work out taxi rough costs etc. also dont forget beer price. Thatl easy add 100 for a couple of nights.

Dan

Built the purple peril!! Let the modifications begin!!

http://www.eastangliankitcars.co.uk

twybrow

posted on 17/5/10 at 09:00 PM Reply With Quote
I was offered either going to Vegas, or Iceland. We took the Iceland option as the cheaper alternative....! I guess it depends on how close the friend are to the Stag, and how much money they can afford to throw at it!
car builder

posted on 17/5/10 at 09:05 PM Reply With Quote
yeah its a tough one, i did just want to go snowboarding with my brother and best man but its wrong time of year and too expensive, iam into my action/extream sports so wanted to do somethink along thoes lines.

any other idears welcome.

hicost blade

posted on 17/5/10 at 09:12 PM Reply With Quote
I would pay that! sounds amazing!!
bi22le

posted on 17/5/10 at 09:28 PM Reply With Quote
As said before, it depends on how much money everybody has.

I orgainsed my brothers stag do to Wales a couple of years ago. £200 got everything in bar a bout a nights worth or drinks.

Mine is coming up in 3 months and its about the same. We are going to Blackpool. Paintball, quads, Jimmy Carr tickets, fair ground and what ever else goes on!

I think £100 is not too bad for what your listing. The more things you do the better value for money it seems, just my thought.

Suggestions?
Windsurfing is different and quite xtreme!?!
Its also quite hard to do but fun.

HTH

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

MikeR

posted on 17/5/10 at 09:38 PM Reply With Quote
Mate had a stag do about 3 weeks ago.

120 got us an hours go-karting, meal in restaurant, entry into a club (which was rubbish, basically turn up when it opened to fill it) and shared room in a hotel room.

twybrow

posted on 17/5/10 at 10:15 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by car builder
yeah its a tough one, i did just want to go snowboarding with my brother and best man but its wrong time of year and too expensive, iam into my action/extream sports so wanted to do somethink along thoes lines.

any other idears welcome.

Do a driving holiday to the Alps, including lots of drinking each night (try Interlaken and somewhere near the 'ring!). Wind up in Switzerland and do the Goldeneye Bungee Jump. Its the best £120 you'll every pay - and the queue (and the women that strapped me in) were mostly very hot women - just what you want as a stag!

[Edited on 17/5/10 by twybrow]

fesycresy

posted on 18/5/10 at 07:48 AM Reply With Quote
As long as you strip him off about 5 mile away from home and turf him out of the minibus.

A bit of a tradition around here

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sooner you fall behind, the more time you'll have to catch up.

skinned knuckles

posted on 18/5/10 at 08:06 AM Reply With Quote
my stag do was 10 years ago and everyone had to pay £70. no-one grumbled and everyone had a cracking day.

one of the lads that came to it is doing the same thing this weekend and the cost per person is now £110 but everyone who came to mine is going to his again, despite 2 of them being out of work and everyone having a lot more commitments. as a one off i don't think may people will grumble. however, if any of the ones coming are having difficulties and you have the ability to offer a little bit of a loan it does help them to chill out and enjoy the occasion without worrying about getting the next round in.

A man isn't complete until he's married, then he's finished

jossey

posted on 18/5/10 at 09:14 AM Reply With Quote
blow being the operative word :O)

quote:
Originally posted by JoelP
quote:
Originally posted by eznfrank
quote:

Looks great! Go for it!

and the rest

We did paintballing and go karting in one day, with bad hangovers. You'll manage! Ask your chums if they have the spare wonga, thats the easiest approach!

And make sure they pay for you lol (assuming its your stag do)

Thanks

David Johnson

Building my tiger avon slowly but surely.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.