Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Help needed with speedo selection... And Type 9 angle speedo drive for sale.
david_hornet27

posted on 19/5/11 at 10:16 PM Reply With Quote
Help needed with speedo selection... And Type 9 angle speedo drive for sale.

Hi Guys!

I have a type 9 gearbox and due to space restrictions have been running an angled drive to a Sierra speedo. I have just bought a new angled drive as the last one eat itself and guess what? The speedo still doesn't work!! I am guessing the speedo gear within the gearbox is shot as the speedo works with a drill attached to the angle drive...

I am fed up with fiddling around with circlips in a confined space, and pulling my dash out to faff around fixing a speedo that I do not find attractive so have decided to bite the bullet and get something I like better. Preferably a digital speedo with an integrated rev counter. I am open to other solutions and ideas though as long as they will not break the bank. Indicator, temperature and petrol guage are not important as I have other plans for this unless somebody comes up with a simple idea that I like better.

I do not have space to fit the type 9 converter and electrical speedo sensor like the one from Burtonpower.

So to my question...

Can anybody recommend a cheap, simple solution to buying and installing a digital speedo? A link to a site that I can buy one from or a previous thread on here would be much appreciated, along with brief details of how easy it is to fit.

I have been looking at this:

http://www.pedparts.co.uk/koso-digital-speedometer-clocks-924-p.asp

but I am not sure of it's suitability in a locost, and cannot quite get my head around how I would get it all to work. Seems too good/cheap to be true??

Also, I have my type 9 angle drive for sale. Was £112 from Burton less than a week ago so I am looking for £70 including postage.

Thanks and regards, Dave

gavin174

posted on 19/5/11 at 10:23 PM Reply With Quote
contact Russ Bost on here

he has some real nice dash's

http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/

http://www.essexkitcarclub.com

austin man

posted on 19/5/11 at 10:31 PM Reply With Quote
Acewell is a decent unit and cheap

Life is like a bowl of fruit, funny how all the weird looking ones are left alone

RedAvon

posted on 20/5/11 at 08:21 AM Reply With Quote
u2u sent re: angle drive
mad-butcher

posted on 21/5/11 at 05:36 PM Reply With Quote
Acewell is the way to go (Russbost)
Magnet is mounted in a bolt, so just drill and tap the Lobro casing and mount pickup on rear upright, that way you only need to know the rolling radius of the wheel, no calculations taking into account diff ratio and number of magnets etc.

[img] Description
Description
[/img]

tony

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.