Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Tritons seats are Great!!!!
JC

posted on 22/8/05 at 05:27 PM Reply With Quote
Tritons seats are Great!!!!

bought 2 of 'Triton's narrow high backed seats and I am very pleased with them! They are excellent quality and very comfortable too! Apparently they fit all Locost variants - buy some now!!! Rescued attachment DSCN3752a.jpg
Rescued attachment DSCN3752a.jpg

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
shades

posted on 22/8/05 at 05:46 PM Reply With Quote
either they are really tiny or you are using some heavy box section? They look good... How much are they?
suparuss

posted on 22/8/05 at 06:04 PM Reply With Quote
that actually does look very attractive, not sure what it is about it though. good work.
Danozeman

posted on 22/8/05 at 06:06 PM Reply With Quote
They looks good mate. You wont get very far in that chassis though..

Dan

Built the purple peril!! Let the modifications begin!!

http://www.eastangliankitcars.co.uk

suparuss

posted on 22/8/05 at 06:06 PM Reply With Quote
ps- those seats would look good in my car, how much did you pay?

cheers,

russ.

Winston Todge

posted on 22/8/05 at 06:09 PM Reply With Quote
The seats look great!

Does Triton do a varying number of seats for locosts? I saw these on another thread...

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=29837

... and they seem to be very different. I've also seen them with a low seat back too. How many different types does Triton make and how much do they cost per pair?

Finally what are the major differences between the ones above and the ones on the eBay auction? Just getting to the stage where I'm thinking about my bum and what it's going to be sat on in my car!

Thanks for any help,

Chris.

[Edited on 22-8-05 by Winston Todge]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Triton

posted on 22/8/05 at 06:58 PM Reply With Quote
JC,
Schola clay (i remembered!!) or that modroc would be ideal to use to create your body shape.....moulds are another bag of onions though as you have to make sure it will come off your plug.....doing the plug in clay only gives you one stab at the moulds....

Both types of highback seat are £180pr for those asking..

Cheers
Mark

Triton

posted on 22/8/05 at 07:50 PM Reply With Quote
The ones above in JC's chassis are a tad narrower(but not where you sit) the others splay out at the front but still fit Locosts as well as Indy's etc.

Would look good in an MNR kit

jimmyjonga

posted on 22/8/05 at 08:11 PM Reply With Quote
ive got a pair of these i my (mnr) kit and i find them very comfortable. not sat in them for more than about 5 mins though but they feel really good and would recommend them. fast delivery as well!!

james

Winston Todge

posted on 23/8/05 at 01:55 PM Reply With Quote
So the wizard hat type seats come with two grp inserts for trimming by the customer? How do they attach to the seats? Velcro? Or something else?

Thanks,

Chris

Avoneer

posted on 23/8/05 at 02:59 PM Reply With Quote
I have the low back version of the "wizard" ones and much prefer them to the above "mk" type ones as the angle of rake is more layed back with the "mk" ones and the "wizard" ones are more vertical which suited me better.

I'm gonna bond a couple of bolts to the inside of the back GRP pads before trimming them and then bolting them through the seat shells. I'm sure the bottom one will just "wedge" in place.

Pat...

No trees were killed in the sending of this message.
However a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Triton

posted on 30/8/05 at 06:45 PM Reply With Quote
About to start on making an insert for the smooth faced high back seat ...ie not the witches hat type as Pat calls it
Triton

posted on 30/8/05 at 07:37 PM Reply With Quote
Finally caught up .....holidays are great and so was Cornwall, but boy do they create problems....took me an age to get back into "work mode"

Seats back on ebay by the way as a subtle hint

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.