Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Donington 2005 Video
Hellfire

posted on 16/10/05 at 09:58 PM Reply With Quote
Donington 2005 Video

Just a few cars on the track... some not on the track (hope it's better Marc)...

Attached is a streaming video... on the website is a downloadable file. Sorry for those I didn't include...

Winston Todge

posted on 16/10/05 at 10:08 PM Reply With Quote
Deleted, due to excess beer consumption and maybe reading into things a little too much......

[Edited on 20-10-05 by Winston Todge]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Hellfire

posted on 16/10/05 at 10:58 PM Reply With Quote
Forgot about MK's motor actually... knowone wants to see anyone's car damaged. I was just stood at the side of Marc when it when down... was it the engine that blew then? Sorry to hear it... what engine was it - anyone know?

BTW - I never speak on my own video's... there were lots of people taking pictures and video's.

It's certainly not a snipe at Marc...

Volvorsport

posted on 16/10/05 at 11:02 PM Reply With Quote
cant find the downloadable link ?

www.dbsmotorsport.co.uk
getting dirty under a bus

Hellfire

posted on 16/10/05 at 11:07 PM Reply With Quote
Refresh page when you get to video page - it's just been updated.

HTH

Volvorsport

posted on 16/10/05 at 11:14 PM Reply With Quote
hmmm , still cant find it

www.dbsmotorsport.co.uk

Hellfire

posted on 16/10/05 at 11:34 PM Reply With Quote
HERE YOU GO!

Volvorsport

posted on 16/10/05 at 11:48 PM Reply With Quote
nice one !

www.dbsmotorsport.co.uk

Mad Dave

posted on 17/10/05 at 06:30 AM Reply With Quote
Nice clip Steve. Not sure about the commentary

I like the bit with the yellow and black Indy's together going up to Mcleans. The chap driving the black one was a fookin star

Hellfire

posted on 17/10/05 at 07:07 AM Reply With Quote
I was gonna drowned out the commentary with music cos of the risk that people wouldn't take it in the nature it was intended. He's certainly no Murray Walker is he? I had to smile tho' as I thought it was humorous ad-lib comment...

mac1ZR

posted on 17/10/05 at 03:48 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks Steve for the video and the pics. Thought it was a brilliant day, all kit car shows should take this lead from Donnington( and Brands ) Kit cars are about fun and speed and the static boring shows with no action should be a thing of the past we hope! Regards Chris
Guinness

posted on 17/10/05 at 08:14 PM Reply With Quote
Right you lot, I'm in serious stick here. Took the missus and the little 'un to Donnington on Sunday.

She sits there watching the track action for about 15 minutes, not saying a lot, then:-

"Why have you spent thousands of pounds, hundreds of hours and countless trips to shows / Halfords to build your MK when a Mini Metro is going faster than them?"

Did anyone see what he had under the bonnet? Please tell me it was a nitrous injected, turbocharged something!

Cheers

Mike

Hellfire

posted on 17/10/05 at 09:16 PM Reply With Quote
Were you watching the same Metro as me cos I didn't see it pass anything of any note

On the other hand, you have a BEC

MikeR

posted on 18/10/05 at 08:33 AM Reply With Quote
metro was running a standard k series engine ...... std meaning the 160hp version that they fitted to the hot hatchs.

not sure if it was on slicks

zxrlocost

posted on 18/10/05 at 09:13 AM Reply With Quote
that metro has a 1.8 k series with 140-160bhp.

It is good for a 6 secs to 60

but no one from what I saw was taking anything on it was boring track action

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

Mad Dave

posted on 18/10/05 at 10:03 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

it was boring track action

It was not a race, it was a track day! There are differences you know.

Maybe when your car is ready you will get on the track and realise how fast these guys were actually going.

zxrlocost

posted on 18/10/05 at 10:52 AM Reply With Quote
yes it is great fun being on the track, but watching is a totally different thing especially when no one that I saw was trying to get past anyone else.

I mean I would never have imagined a metro pushing the pace against a tiger r6 that chaps wife noted this aswell.

its a bit embarassing isnt it

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

Hellfire

posted on 18/10/05 at 11:15 AM Reply With Quote
Don't forget they were giving passenger rides. If the passengers crying, it's time to slow down, whether you're gonna be overtaken by a Metro or not.

zxrlocost

posted on 18/10/05 at 11:20 AM Reply With Quote
very true i was crying in your car

Ferg

posted on 18/10/05 at 04:34 PM Reply With Quote
Do you mean this Metro???

This is my son Tom being given a few laps 'round the track for his birthday on Sunday by Gareth Cole, kit-car bloke, Team GTM founder and sometime demo driver for the GTM factory. It's actually a Rover Metro running an ex Rover 200 vi VVC engine producing 143bhp. The conversion is being offered by Talon Sportscars and the car above is currently for sale whilst some even crazier Metros are constructed.

Click here for details

Gareth fitted slicks to the back after an early morning grasscutting incident, but it was running Toyo Proxes on the front. I went out with Gareth a bit later and although the car was lapping stupidly fast it could still do with a LSD in my opinion. At the end of the day the heat generated by the brakes had melted the valve caps.....

Incidentally, whilst Tom was out in it they were showered on several corners by petrol from a Rush without a filler cap, the driver of which obviously didn't know the meaning of a black flag. This resulted in the session being redflagged and a bollocking for the numpty.

kevano

posted on 18/10/05 at 04:46 PM Reply With Quote
one thing, that metro had decent tyres and at points was right on the edge, it is a lot easier to push a small front drive car on a track than it is a bike engined seven, it was my first time on track thoroughly enjoyed it, and as mad dave said when you get on it's a damn sight bloody faster than it looks!!
Ferg

posted on 18/10/05 at 06:08 PM Reply With Quote
You're dead right. Once it had slicks on the rear it was really only ever going to understeer, which is far less spectacular than an oversteering BEC!!
kevano

posted on 18/10/05 at 06:10 PM Reply With Quote
definitely, i totally lost mine a redgate at about seventy mph, just managed to catch it before i went into the gravel!!!!!
Hellfire

posted on 19/10/05 at 01:03 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kevano
definitely, i totally lost mine a redgate at about seventy mph, just managed to catch it before i went into the gravel!!!!!

Good job you caught it in time eh

kevano

posted on 19/10/05 at 04:49 PM Reply With Quote
def that smiley face could've almost been an in car shot of me!!!!!!!!!!!!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.