Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: fabricated parts
liam.mccaffrey

posted on 31/10/05 at 07:27 PM Reply With Quote
fabricated parts

heard a rumour mnr were not making fabricated parts at the moment due to the weight of kit orders.

I'm gonna give em a ring tomorrow anyway just wanted to know if anyone could confirm this or not?

[Edited on 31/10/05 by liam.mccaffrey]

Build Blog
Build Photo Album

mnr laptop

posted on 31/10/05 at 07:29 PM Reply With Quote
hi liam

unfortunately we are snowed under at the moment, the only parts we are fabricating at present are for vortx customers except the new uprights which are for people on here too

appologies and best regards

marc

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
liam.mccaffrey

posted on 31/10/05 at 07:47 PM Reply With Quote
appreciate that marc just wanted to confirm.

I spoke at length with your father back in september about buying a kit however it turned out i couldn't afford it due to "life constraints"

I didn't want you or chris to think i was a timewasting tyre kicker, when i do buy buy a kit it'll be one of your

atb

[Edited on 31/10/05 by liam.mccaffrey]

Build Blog
Build Photo Album

mnr laptop

posted on 31/10/05 at 07:55 PM Reply With Quote
hi liam,
dont worry mate we wouldnt think that of anyone, it is a big commitment buying a kit and building it you need plenty of time and a clear budget to work from, to enable a straight forward build, we are for the next month concentrating on supporting our customers as many are in the final throughs of building so our priority must be to them, which unfortunately means custom conponents and fabrication will take a back seat till january, appologies for this

best regards

marc

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
liam.mccaffrey

posted on 31/10/05 at 07:59 PM Reply With Quote
a gentleman, apologising because business is going well

Build Blog
Build Photo Album

shortie

posted on 31/10/05 at 08:20 PM Reply With Quote
This is a classic example of how customer services should work.

Running a small business is always hard but as long as you are up front with your customers and honest about the situation then customers will understand and they will usually remain customers.

As has been said already there are alot of good companies out in the kit car world with good customer services such as MNR but others should also take note that this is how a small kitcar business should be run.

Winston Todge

posted on 31/10/05 at 10:37 PM Reply With Quote
My sentiments exactly...

Plus the fact that they are competitively priced and designed and manufactured to a more consistently high standard means that they certainly won't be a flash in the pan so far as the kit car industry goes...

I just want to see how they perform next year in the RGB... Already starting my spec for a RT+ car, and I haven't even started building my RT yet!!

Still the garage is almost rebuilt, rewired, repainted and reinsulated... Should be a fun winter!!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Hellfire

posted on 31/10/05 at 10:57 PM Reply With Quote
Customers do not always understand - it's human nature. Always work on worst case - if you know it gonna be tight to make in 4 weeks tell em 5 then less than that is a bonus. If longer than 4 then advise them - common courtesy.

Make sure what they ordered, they get - and on time.

For exceptional service people are prepared to pay more and good word get's about. Let them down and the bad news travels twice as fast! Mark and MNR are obviously doing something very right...

mandy69

posted on 31/10/05 at 11:24 PM Reply With Quote
Shame others don't follow by example.
JoelP

posted on 1/11/05 at 07:15 PM Reply With Quote
hi marc, does this include cycle wing brackets for cortina hubs? i need a pair, just wondering if you have a stock of these or if they're made to order. Not a problem if you cant

marc n

posted on 2/11/05 at 09:18 AM Reply With Quote
no should be ok for those joel as we use them, it is only parts which are not used by the vortx kits we are not able to supply at the moment

best regards

marc

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
JoelP

posted on 2/11/05 at 07:02 PM Reply With Quote
nice one marc, you will have a u2u shortly

marc n

posted on 2/11/05 at 07:13 PM Reply With Quote
rigth back at ya
Avoneer

posted on 2/11/05 at 07:18 PM Reply With Quote
That's the thing about Marc.

Really good at answering any queries I've thrown at him and being very honest about time scale etc.

And I'm not even building an MNR car!

Pat...

No trees were killed in the sending of this message.
However a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.