Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Has anybody bought these seats from Macro?
RichardK

posted on 4/1/06 at 09:41 PM Reply With Quote
Has anybody bought these seats from Macro?

I'm off to have a look first thing in the morning, the offer started yesterday and runs until the 17th, £99.00 +vat for the pair, put a scan of the advert in my archive if anyone wants a peek.

Cheers

Rich

Gallery updated 11/01/2011

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
flak monkey

posted on 4/1/06 at 09:43 PM Reply With Quote
Probably too wide for a locost unfortunately

David

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

big_wasa

posted on 4/1/06 at 09:48 PM Reply With Quote
About the only 7 they will go in will be a RobinHood
RichardK

posted on 4/1/06 at 09:49 PM Reply With Quote
I'll post the measurments here tomorrow,(inner side to tunnel is 490mm),just wanted to see if my fat arse would fit Just hoping they may fit in the McSorely+442. Anyway I'll let you all know what I think.

Regards

Rich

[Edited on 4/1/06 by RichardK]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
graememk

posted on 4/1/06 at 09:51 PM Reply With Quote
i had a look at them last time they had them in and thought they were a bit boy racer and cheap construction.

sooner spend another £100 and get something more desent

Mr G

posted on 4/1/06 at 10:03 PM Reply With Quote
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=31313

Normal is getting dressed in clothes that you buy for work and driving through traffic in a
car that you are still paying for - in order to get to the job you need to pay for the clothes
and the car, and the house you leave vacant all day so you can afford to live in it.

MkIndy7

posted on 4/1/06 at 11:06 PM Reply With Quote
Yeh i've looked at them too for another car, there pretty wide and as said before look a bit cheep.

I don't think the material will stand upto much abuse at all, espescially in an open car and looked like it would bobble easily if caught with velcro from the harness pads etc.

RazMan

posted on 4/1/06 at 11:53 PM Reply With Quote
I bought a pair of these last year, although they were badged by another company. They look and feel ok for the money but they were way too big to fit my middy - I ended up with my head looking over the top of the screen! I then proceeded to dismember them in an effort to make them smaller, a 'cut and shut' job which failed miserably. I ended up flogging them on eBay.

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

RichardK

posted on 5/1/06 at 12:41 PM Reply With Quote
Went to have a look and have now modified the picture to show dimensions, they are too big for mine but fitted my arse well so probably bench seats for me ,so to be honest they seemed good value for money but true about the comments about about bobbling ect but for that money I still think they would be worth having if they fitted.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.