Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: a few question
graememk

posted on 5/1/06 at 11:25 PM Reply With Quote
a few question

MK indy
1, do you bolt the seats direct to the floor?

2 where best to get an expansion tank and what type

3 need a dash, make my own or where to but a flat dash with radius

4 wiper motor, buy new or donor where from?

5 mirrors what type where from ?

Annoyed

posted on 5/1/06 at 11:26 PM Reply With Quote
Dash with radius......... Mr Triton.
Triton

posted on 5/1/06 at 11:37 PM Reply With Quote
Carboniferous even

My Daughter has taken over production of the damn fine Triton race seats and her contact email is emmatrs@live.co.uk.

www.tritonraceseats.com

www.hairyhedgehog.com

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Annoyed

posted on 5/1/06 at 11:44 PM Reply With Quote
Wiper motor........not from Mr Triton,but a Mini. Get the wheel boxes and the bendy bundy tube thing and shorten it if necessary.
I fitted one to my Robin Hood back in the mists of time and the motor I used was from an old,old mini with one arthritic speed. Perhaps the newer old minis had slightly more vigorous goings on.
HTH

Triton

posted on 5/1/06 at 11:49 PM Reply With Quote
Mirrors ....Honda fireplace

My Daughter has taken over production of the damn fine Triton race seats and her contact email is emmatrs@live.co.uk.

www.tritonraceseats.com

www.hairyhedgehog.com

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Annoyed

posted on 5/1/06 at 11:52 PM Reply With Quote
Gosh,aren't we helpful.

Seats.....best bought from Mr Triton. Bolt through the floor with a nice big washer to spread the load. Nearly typed thighs then,can't think why.

Triton

posted on 5/1/06 at 11:57 PM Reply With Quote
Perve

www.tritonraceseats.com

www.hairyhedgehog.com

indykid

posted on 5/1/06 at 11:57 PM Reply With Quote
1. you can do if you can get them to bolt through the bars. i couldn't see much with glassfibre seats bolted to the floor. i'm not exactly a giant. runners and spacers lift it an inch and a half, and allow 'stuff' to be put behind the seat then slid back

2. rover 400, the last of the wedge type ones are common use for most. i got mine from a '95 416. filler suits pinto water pump, and small breather suits rad breather or t/stat breather (see pic)

3. make your own dash if you think you're up to it. fake carbon looks shocking, real carbon is real pricey, and it's too big a panel in thinnish ABS not to distort when gauges are put in. i used 6mm mdf, triple thickness for bottom edge, then rounded over with router. holes cut, then covered with upholsterers vinyl, NOT MARKET CHEAPY STUFF, it doesn't stretch enough and in all directions.

4. wiper motor should be your right arm, powering your right hand to wipe glasses/visor. driving in the wet is bad, and best avoided, but it's not worth putting a screen and weather gear on just for those 'what if' moments imo. if you desperately want to, speak to mookaloid. he's got the nicest screen set up i've seen about.

5. mirrors are largely personal preference, but honda cbr600 replicas seem to be popular, posibbly to the point of being a bit common. for a stripped out style car, spa mirrors look the part, but you'll need hooj ones for sva, that and their sharp edges. for a trimmed one, i think the ones tiger supply with the avon look well, and give a damn sight clearer view of the road behind than the SPA formula mirrors i had did. having said that, if ever i needed to see behind, i used the rear view mirror or looked over my shoulder.

and at that juncture, i'm off to bed
hth
tom Rescued attachment tank.jpg
Rescued attachment tank.jpg

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.