Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: coverings....
oliwb

posted on 7/1/06 at 06:54 PM Reply With Quote
coverings....

Ok, mum has chucked out my carpet set thinking it was an old rug! Now I need to find something to cover the car with....problem is...

I didn't buy a nibbler or any other decent cutting tools for the ali panels otherwise I'd leave in Ali. I'm not planning on having a roof or windscreen....so since mum will be paying should I:
a. buy new carpet set from tiger
b. buy tools and more ali and give it another shot
c. vinyl??
d. thin rubber??
e. fake CF??
f. any other ideas??

Prob got about £200 max to spend maybe a bit more if I feel rich towards the end of the month.....If I do go for Ali what happens about the rear sides of the pop rivets that come through the transmission tunnel?? my cables and pipes run down there.....also what about the speedo cable....enters by drivers left knee and runs across the floor and up round into the dash gotta work out some way of covering it aswell.....Cheers in advance....Oli.

If your not living life on the edge you're taking up too much room!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
oliwb

posted on 7/1/06 at 08:11 PM Reply With Quote
cool thanks for the suggestions....got some of that milking parlour matt at home, seems too heavy to use though??? Will go for a trip down there and have a looky though....thanks...Oli. Any other suggestions???

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
oliwb

posted on 8/1/06 at 05:52 PM Reply With Quote
Come on someones gotta have some good suggestions! So far either Vinyl and rubber (kinky) or re-do the ali for good looks are in the lead! Cheers Oli.

DarrenW

posted on 9/1/06 at 03:07 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry Mate, cant help you. Mine is bare stripped out look. I like the look of the chequerplate floor.
Have you seen Zetec's archive?

NS Dev

posted on 9/1/06 at 03:18 PM Reply With Quote
Trim????....................why add weight???

It's not like a bit of trim makes the car the height of luxury!

Why cover things up............always think, form + function!!

Retro RWD is the way forward...........automotive fabrication, car restoration, sheetmetal work, engine conversion retro car restoration and tuning

oliwb

posted on 9/1/06 at 03:26 PM Reply With Quote
Suggestions are making me think along the lines of what I already had in mind.....might be time to get some more ali and a nibbler and do the job right! Cheers Oli.

02GF74

posted on 10/1/06 at 03:42 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by NS Dev
Trim????....................why add weight???

my thughts exactly, maybe for the floow but that is it. unfortuanately mine already came with the side panels carpetted

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.