Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: r1 radiator and fan wiring
kev R1

posted on 22/2/06 at 08:14 PM Reply With Quote
r1 radiator and fan wiring

help wanted please!!
on my rad i have a black and a brown wire coming out of the temperature sender which is linked to a connector that comes out as green + brown this then goes to the fan as it comes out of the fan you're left with 3 wires one green one brown and obvious earth.

from the R1 loom i have 1x brown and 1x blue wire marked up as rad switch.
how do i wire this up

i also have a green/red wire and a black/blue wire which according to the haynes is supposed to be wired to a temperature sender? i'm lost! any help much apreciated,kev

smart51

posted on 22/2/06 at 08:47 PM Reply With Quote
is yours an early R1 with a separate themerature sensor and thermostat switch or a later one with a combined sensor and switch?
kev R1

posted on 22/2/06 at 09:28 PM Reply With Quote
i think it's a '99 there in the haynes manual the temp sender is nowhere near the rad switch, cheers,kev
Jasalarms

posted on 23/2/06 at 12:39 AM Reply With Quote
Kev, i had that nissan micra rad modified with the R1 temp sender. should only be one connection to that.

When i tested the fan switch i found the extra wire could be used with a switch as a overide to bring the fan on in hot conditions.

Dont think i was goner use the R1 wiring for the fan switch, just rely on the micra one already wired to the fan.

But i could be wrong

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.