Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: bike clocks on car engined car!!
COREdevelopments

posted on 25/2/06 at 06:56 PM Reply With Quote
bike clocks on car engined car!!

hi need an answer has anyone used motorbike clocks on a car engined car!? i want to use either r1 or zxr clocks etc. is there anyone out there that can help me please.

thanks Rob

Wadders

posted on 25/2/06 at 07:37 PM Reply With Quote
I don't know if anyones done it, but i cant think of any reason why it shouldn't be possible, certainly the speedo should be no more of a problem than a bec, and all the idiot lights should be straightforward enough, the tacho might require slightly more inegenuity tho.

Originally posted by COREdevelopments
hi need an answer has anyone used motorbike clocks on a car engined car!? i want to use either r1 or zxr clocks etc. is there anyone out there that can help me please.

thanks Rob

MikeR

posted on 26/2/06 at 01:06 AM Reply With Quote
If you get a bike with 12,000 + rpm then as long as you can easily 'lose' 50% of the spark pulses the rev counter shouldn't be an issue, just needs a new face putting on it.

(which is probably really hard!)

DIY Si

posted on 26/2/06 at 11:11 AM Reply With Quote
The rev counter shouldn't be a prob, it just won't go past half way(ish) up the scale. Not sure it would be worth the hassle. A (possibly) not so locost solution is to talk to Smiths Gauges. They can do you a rev counter with a one off back ground. And MikeR you need to get some sleep dude.
MikeR

posted on 26/2/06 at 11:47 AM Reply With Quote
naaah, i'd spent the day sleeping on a sofa ill, from 8pm to 1am sleeping in my bed, after i'd posted that message, powered off the pc and got a drink slept till 11am.........

i don't need sleep, i need to find the git who poisioned me and a friend on friday night!

JoelP

posted on 26/2/06 at 12:26 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MikeR
i don't need sleep, i need to find the git who poisioned me and a friend on friday night!

seems to be a common problem down in nuneaton!

MikeR

posted on 26/2/06 at 12:36 PM Reply With Quote
But i was out in Coventry.

Has to be either bad beer or something not cleaned. Three of us went out. One got hammered and the other two merry. The next day hammered girl was fine and she ended up looking after us two. We had the same drinks...... therefore .....

i've drawn my conclusion.

I've not been that ill in a long, long time!

Draw your own conclusions.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.