Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Five point or less?
Dale

posted on 3/5/06 at 04:53 PM Reply With Quote
Five point or less?

I am almost done sewing up my seats. but would like the general concensus as to weather or not its better to go with a crotch belt as well as the standard 4 point belt arangement.
I have made the book style seats with much more support to them for both lower leg and lumbar support.

I dont plan on a full cage just the usual strong rollover bar. and maybe a bolt in pettty bar if I ever get to to the track with it.
Placement on the belt hole compared to the back of the seat cushion would be nice as well.
Thanks
Dale

Thanks
Dale

my 14 and11 year old boys 22
and 19 now want to drive but have to be 25 before insurance will allow. Finally on the road

James

posted on 4/5/06 at 11:11 PM Reply With Quote
If you can get the crotch belt through your seat then I would recommend 5 point as it stops you submarining. And also keeps the belt down around your hips rather than riding up to abdomen which can cause internal injuries in a crash.

Having heard a story this weekend of a crashed Westie owner submarining and ending up with the spare key from his car jammed under his knee cap I rather wish I'd gone for 5 point myself!

Cheers,
James

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

Dale

posted on 4/5/06 at 11:56 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the reply, Everything I have found so far points me to adding an extra anchor and putting a keyslot in the seats for the extra belt.
Thanks
Dale

Thanks
Dale

my 14 and11 year old boys 22
and 19 now want to drive but have to be 25 before insurance will allow. Finally on the road

Jon Ison

posted on 5/5/06 at 06:27 AM Reply With Quote
Recommend 5 point here too.

givemethebighammer

posted on 5/5/06 at 08:54 PM Reply With Quote
Got 6 points in mine, crotch straps either side of your chaps - less painful if you submarine.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.