Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Carpet fitting
RazMan

posted on 8/6/06 at 02:46 PM Reply With Quote
Carpet fitting

I am going to be looking at fitting the carpet in my middy soon and I was wondering about the method used to make the best job.

I would like it to be removeable (for cleaning and drying out) but securely fixed when in place.

Do I attach press studs to the floor and pop the carpet sections to them? Should I fit an underlay to give it a bit more 'body'?
Any advice will be appreciated.

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
andyd

posted on 8/6/06 at 03:13 PM Reply With Quote
In a word.... Velcro.

You can get it in 2" wide lengths (Woolies can do long lengths).

Get a local carpet store to bind all the edges so they look like carpet samples and then put Velcro on all four edges. Use contact adhesive to glue one half to the carpet and then again the other side of the Velcro to the car.

It's what I would have done if I hadn't had to sell my part built Locost and what I will be doing if I ever build the middy I want to do.

Andy

RazMan

posted on 8/6/06 at 06:03 PM Reply With Quote
Aha I didn't think about Velcro - I will certainly look into that a little more. Woolies sell some vinyl binding cloth which I assume you have to sew in place but your idea of giving it to a carpet shop is a good idea.

Sorry to hear you are selling up

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
andyd

posted on 8/6/06 at 09:12 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by RazMan
Sorry to hear you are selling up

Sold up already about 18 months ago due to divorce.

But... I'll be back!

stevebubs

posted on 8/6/06 at 11:29 PM Reply With Quote
Yep - velcro is what I have used, and seems pretty effective.

Stephen

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.