Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Which Boss Kit?
Chaz

posted on 9/10/06 at 03:02 AM Reply With Quote
Which Boss Kit?

I want to buy a Momo Steering wheel and fit it to my sierra column. I'd suppose the boss kit is just an adapter which allows you to do this, correct?

Is that all i need, where is the best place to buy? Plus how much are snap on ones, and any good for that extra security?

DarrenW

posted on 9/10/06 at 08:31 AM Reply With Quote
Take notice of the hole centres on Italian wheels. I think they are different to some of the cheaper wheels (Mountney etc).
I use a SWM wheel with snap off kit. Its all mounted to a Raid collapsible boss. i had to use the collapsible as it was needed for SVA, unfortunately when fitted with Snap off it does bring the wheel quite close. I have got used to this now and its is more in the position that most race drivers would adopt (or at least as i was told when i did a rallying course).

The Snap off kit is great, no free slogger in use. Some of the cheaper hex style bosses drive me mad.

iank

posted on 9/10/06 at 10:12 AM Reply With Quote
Think you need to fit a snap off kit after SVA.
StevieB

posted on 9/10/06 at 10:16 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by iank
Think you need to fit a snap off kit after SVA.

Definately after SVA!

DarrenW

posted on 9/10/06 at 10:56 AM Reply With Quote
Sorry, yes. I should have said that. Snap off is after SVA.

After SVA you can also fit std boss (not as thick), but for SVA if using SVA compatible aftermarket wheel you will need collapsable boss kit.

Agriv8

posted on 9/10/06 at 04:14 PM Reply With Quote
MNR sucessfully passed a car with a detachable boss at beverly ( I was suprised too !!! ) they were happy that this could also be counted as mechanical security ( Like steering Lock ).

It did need crash pad though. Suspect its just a case of which tester which station interpretation of the rules.

Weird eh Personally i would fit after as the ''well it passed on another car / another station '' does not go down too well.

regards

Agriv8

Taller than your average Guy !
Management is like a tree of monkeys. - Those at the top look down and see a tree full of smiling faces. BUT Those at the bottom look up and see a tree full of a*seholes .............

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.