Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: anyone bought any of these?
auzziejim

posted on 8/1/07 at 06:57 PM Reply With Quote
anyone bought any of these?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=017&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=270076460893&rd=1&rd=1 />
seem a reasonable price but just wondering if anyone here has bought any? if so what are thay like?

james

bracey

posted on 8/1/07 at 07:16 PM Reply With Quote
my indy has similar seats i have found them very suportive and to be honest very comfy all though some people would disagree ! i suppose it depends what you want?
Grahame L

posted on 8/1/07 at 07:17 PM Reply With Quote
Hi James,

They look almost identical to mine which I bought from MK Sportscars. Their seats are a near (very near) copy of some other seats whose origin I can't rememer, and these look identical (look at my pics in archive, although I have modified mine with carbon fibre).

As far as im concerned they are very confortable, I am approx 6 feet tall and 12.5 stone if that helps. Ask anyone on the MK section as many have them.

Grahame

Kissy

posted on 9/1/07 at 07:14 AM Reply With Quote
They look like a copy of the the seats Tillett make for Caterham. I can't rate these but I can rate Steve Tillett's products, top notch, cars or karting they are not the cheapest but possibly the best, and extremely well made in terms of crash-worthiness (minimal splintering)
Pants On Fire

posted on 9/1/07 at 08:29 AM Reply With Quote
I've got a pair of these in my Indy, not good for shall we say those who like a pie or 4, very narrow around the derrier but really supportive.

They should come with M8/10 (cant remember the size) fittings embedded in the seat frame for fitting quick and easy.

Also they are untrimmed so you'll need c8 metres of U section.

bimbleuk

posted on 9/1/07 at 11:30 AM Reply With Quote
Very popular MK sourced seats probably or a close copy. Which were a copy of the Tillet Chaterham seats as far as I could tell. I did have a pair for my Striker but no way would one fit in the passenger side (strikers don't have parallel chassis rails like most kit cars). The drivers side just a bout fits. Anyway they are a good comfortable supportive design. You do need to use all 4 mounting points on the base or the whole seat can twist.
Valtra

posted on 12/1/07 at 09:49 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by auzziejim
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=017&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=270076460893&rd=1&rd=1 />
seem a reasonable price but just wondering if anyone here has bought any? if so what are thay like?

james

Just recieved mine today . and I have to say that though I've not looked too closely at others I'm very impressed with them . They are tidy well finished strong and comfortable (a bit of a tight squeeze round the ribs , I'm ahem! 13 1/2 stone and around 5'10+) for this price I see them as a real bargain and if anybody wants to see a few pics I can email them or if somebody can teach me I'll post them on here . delivery was quick and although he seems a man of few words he followed up the order and checked all was well

cheers
Ian

[Edited on 12/1/07 by Valtra]

Valtra

posted on 12/1/07 at 10:03 PM Reply With Quote
I see you are in Sleaford so if you want to check them out you are welcome to pop down sometime

cheers Ian

Valtra

posted on 25/1/07 at 01:13 AM Reply With Quote
still impressed

Just to say I'm still impressed and the guy is getting other good feedback
Valtra

posted on 29/1/07 at 08:56 PM Reply With Quote
still impressed !!!
Chet

posted on 31/1/07 at 10:23 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kissy
They look like a copy of the the seats Tillett make for Caterham. I can't rate these but I can rate Steve Tillett's products, top notch, cars or karting they are not the cheapest but possibly the best, and extremely well made in terms of crash-worthiness (minimal splintering)

AGREED - Tillett seats are very high quality. We have had great results with them in the Fury.

Chet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.