Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: harness mounting points
stuart_g

posted on 23/4/07 at 01:01 PM Reply With Quote
harness mounting points

I am at the stage of sorting the inner harness mounts inside the proshaft tunnel in my 2B.
I am going to put an upright piece of 3mm thick stainless from floor to the underside of the chassis tubes to mount the harness to.
Is there a certain measurement from the floor they should be mounted at and what is the best way to mount the retaing nut. I know the nut has to be captive but can I weld the nut to the back of the upright or do I need to weld the nut to a piece of steel then bolt this to the upright?
Also for the upper mounting points I have a square cross member at the height of the harness holes in the cobra seats. What do I need to fix the harnesses to? do I need to drill through the box section and weld a threaded tube through the box and out the bottom? if so where do I get threaded tube from.

Mr Whippy

posted on 23/4/07 at 01:11 PM Reply With Quote
far better to attach some pics

though nothing you've put sounds wrong. You could tap a drilled hole in some bar, easy size cut a thread and my tap I got off the net for a few quid.

Easiest to weld a nut onto the black of some 3mm plate though I used 5mm.

[Edited on 23/4/07 by Mr Whippy]

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.