Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: A Zetec in a GT1?
Smokin Charlie

posted on 7/8/03 at 03:06 PM Reply With Quote
A Zetec in a GT1?

I want to build a GT1 and was wondering if I could save a few dollars by using a 2.0L Zetec that I already have built. Any thoughts would be welcome.
siert

posted on 7/8/03 at 05:55 PM Reply With Quote
a fireblade engine complete with loom etc costs 1000 euro (600 pounds)over here. A 2 L zetec costs 350 euro (200pounds) and then you need carbs or throttle bodies, a manifold,fuel pump, filters,ecu and a rolling road setup....oh and a gearbox....and the damn thing weighs at least 50kg more than the bike engine.
I think you'd save money and weight by going the bike engine route......but thats my view..

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
mad-butcher

posted on 7/8/03 at 06:09 PM Reply With Quote
WHY
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
macspeedy

posted on 7/8/03 at 07:09 PM Reply With Quote
you have missed the point with these cars?
Jon Ison

posted on 7/8/03 at 07:50 PM Reply With Quote
cant see why a FWD engine would'nt go in the back with a little bit of tinkering here n there.

Smokin Charlie

posted on 8/8/03 at 05:50 AM Reply With Quote
Perhaps you all missed the part in which in mentioned that this engine is already built. I have it sitting on an engine stand waiting for a car to put it in. Also Fireblade and Hayabusa engines are much harder to find here in Canada. My concern is the dimensions of the engine in relation to the car. I have only seen one of these things once in person and I am was uncertain if it would fit. I understand everyone is scoffing at me for going the much heavier car engine route but then again this engine produces more power than a hayabusa or fireblade engine. Whether or not it is enough to make up for the weight is another matter. Certainly the handling will be thrown off but having grown up driving my fathers Shelby I like a car that is a bit unpredictable. If anyone can tell me the some of the dimensions on this car that would be great.

[Edited on 8/8/03 by Smokin Charlie]

ChrisW

posted on 8/8/03 at 01:35 PM Reply With Quote
I heard a rumour there will soon be a car engined GT1 chassis available?

Chris

My gaff my rules

Smokin Charlie

posted on 8/8/03 at 01:39 PM Reply With Quote
A rumour eh???
We'll see.......... I am looking to buy a chassis soon my engine took close to a year to build and I am getting a bit anxious.

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.