Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Have a shape I like except for the nose
Dale

posted on 23/5/07 at 03:06 AM Reply With Quote
Have a shape I like except for the nose

Finally have a shape I like for bodywork but have sorted a nose out yet. I have worked out that the sides can be done in either metal or fiberglass but am still working ways of doing the rear wings in metal as well but glass is looking more likely in that area. The front when laid out will likely have to be glass as well. It may need some ducting behind the front wheels and maybe something on the front of the rear wing for details but I like the results so far more than anything I have come up with so far.
Comments , suggestions for the front?
Thanks
Dale Rescued attachment DSCF0010_resize.JPG
Rescued attachment DSCF0010_resize.JPG

Thanks
Dale

my 14 and11 year old boys 22
and 19 now want to drive but have to be 25 before insurance will allow. Finally on the road

Dale

posted on 23/5/07 at 03:07 AM Reply With Quote
and Rescued attachment DSCF0008_resize.JPG
Rescued attachment DSCF0008_resize.JPG

Thanks
Dale

and 19 now want to drive but have to be 25 before insurance will allow. Finally on the road

Ivan

posted on 23/5/07 at 05:50 AM Reply With Quote
Looking good.

I would go for fibreglass on the sides and take out the kinks with gentle curves.

worX

posted on 23/5/07 at 07:22 AM Reply With Quote
when looking at the two pics on here and comparing them to your avatar - I can't help but think that somewhere in the middle of the two transitions would look awesome (obviously only IMO)!!!

Somewhere in between the flat of the photos and the ultra swooped of your avatar, but then again I'm probably being boring and conforming to a Morgan-esque type look - but I do think that would suit the flowing lines of the back of your car!!

Very very sorry to criticise the part of your car that you are pleased with

Steve

[Edited on 23/5/07 by worX]

pauldm

posted on 23/5/07 at 07:43 AM Reply With Quote
If I had to guess what the front of this car looked like having only seen the back. I'd say it was Jaguarish like>

those curves could lend itself to be TVRish>

MustangSix

posted on 23/5/07 at 02:36 PM Reply With Quote

DarrenW

posted on 23/5/07 at 03:53 PM Reply With Quote
While i was waiting for first photo to download fully (ie before rear lights came into view) i thought it was a front shot and looked very good indeed. ie side panels waisting into to the front arches that came up and over the wheel then pointedly to the front.

Dale

posted on 23/5/07 at 04:28 PM Reply With Quote
---"I would go for fibreglass on the sides and take out the kinks with gentle curves. "----

If I go glass it will be smoothed out a bit where it pinches in and out on the sides. Or if i make up a small english wheel I could still go in metal.
I think it will need a radius on the bottom edge as well to finish the profile.
The old jag and morgan fronts are options for me to copy from . The old maserati fronts blend in as well.
Hopefully over the next day or two I will come up with a front that I like so I can start planning the body build.
Thanks
Dale

Thanks
Dale

posted on 23/5/07 at 07:31 PM Reply With Quote
I've been reading your threads with interest Dale, wondering if/when the e wheel would come up.

ATB

Paul G

Dale

posted on 23/5/07 at 08:39 PM Reply With Quote
I have never used an e wheel before and have been trying to keep the curves as simple as possible- letting the materials come to there own shape. I dont have the space /money time to build a full sized one that I may not have any talent with (most likely ) but have been thinking of making a vice mount one or what I think is called a fender wheel that is hand held. So far the most complex curve is the front of the rear fender/wing. I would prefer an all metal body if possible /can be steel or alloy but I can weld steel so that leads it that way.
Any links to a simple wheel?
Thanks
Dale

Thanks
Dale

posted on 23/5/07 at 09:23 PM Reply With Quote
There is a file at the top of my photo archive called "wheel" (bit of a giveaway that )
showing the one I made. By far the hardest bits to make are the wheels themselves. Have you a lathe?

Probably take as long to make a small one as to make a big one. Mine will put a power bulge in a seven bonnet.

I had never used one until I made my nose.
I think that if you have a "feel" for metal then it's easy to pick up.

ATB
Paul G

Peteff

posted on 23/5/07 at 10:18 PM Reply With Quote
Rodding round table plans

There are some plans here for a vice mounted English wheel which uses bearings for the wheels so it should be cheapish to make.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

mlgates

posted on 25/5/07 at 09:48 PM Reply With Quote
Best Metal Shaping Site on the Net!

www.metalmeet.com

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.