Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Finicky Seat Runners
Avoneer

posted on 4/7/07 at 05:55 PM Reply With Quote
Finicky Seat Runners

They are being right arses.

I've bolted them to the seats and when I nip them up tight under the car, they don't want to run anymore.

Had a good play and it's because they twist when nipped up every so slightly - approx 1mm - but it makes all the difference.

Any suggestions?

Pat...

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
tegwin

posted on 4/7/07 at 06:31 PM Reply With Quote
I have the same problem on my car...

I figured if I put penny washers between the floor and the seat runners to give the slide a bit more space...it seems to work a bit better...still sitff but it does actually slide

Avoneer

posted on 4/7/07 at 07:12 PM Reply With Quote
Tried that at first as I thought the middle of the seat was catching on the floor of the car - but that wasn't the case.

I need to try and level them on the base of the seat as they both tilt in slightly.

Pat...

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
omega 24 v6

posted on 4/7/07 at 08:48 PM Reply With Quote
Could you try to fit them up loosely with a bed of epoxy glue. the retap the holes and fit the bolts after it's hardened??

If it looks wrong it probably is wrong.

Avoneer

posted on 4/7/07 at 09:15 PM Reply With Quote
Good point.

Even body filler may do it.

It's just to level up as such.

Pat...

Avoneer

posted on 4/7/07 at 09:27 PM Reply With Quote
Second thoughts, If I use 3mm thick bar across the seats (mounted in-between the runners and seat base), the runners should have a flat plate to sit on - will try that tomoz.

Pat...

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.