Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Narrowing Cobra Clubman Seats
James

posted on 12/7/07 at 10:31 PM Reply With Quote
Narrowing Cobra Clubman Seats

Now the insurance has run out I've finally decided it's time to get the car back on the road.

Only problem is my replacement seats (bought ages ago) don't really fit in my +4" car. They're too wide by 1-2".

I remember someone talking about taking an inch or two out of his Clubman's. Was wondering if this was ever finished, how hard it was and if they went back together ok.

Alternatively, rather than splitting the seat down the middle, is it possible to bend the sides in at all to fit?

Cheers,
James

[Edited on 12/7/07 by James]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

DarrenW

posted on 13/7/07 at 08:25 AM Reply With Quote
Ive had to modify a merc Cosworth back seat to fit into Mk1 Golf before (looked fantastic when completed). After pulling back the outer covering the internals are often quite simple. Could be worth doing some investigation.

Either that or sell them on and fit some lightweight weatherproof seats. I love my GRP shell seats and now they have removable pads i have the best of both worlds. I use car in all weathers and never have to worry about soggy seats or mouldy bits.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.