Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: water injection
oadamo

posted on 15/7/07 at 08:20 PM Reply With Quote
water injection

ive come across a water injection pump. but theres no jets or pipes. does this really make a diff with a turbo engine.or do you need to run high boost to get any benifits out of it . i might buy the rest of the bits i need if its gonna be any good.
adam

RazMan

posted on 15/7/07 at 08:36 PM Reply With Quote
iirc water injection is used when boost is so high that you are getting detonation due to the heat build up. Probably not appropriate at lower boost levels.

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
ScotJebus

posted on 15/7/07 at 08:46 PM Reply With Quote
agree with what said above, iirc it was developed for rally cars on tigh tracks were they didnt really have the speed to make an intercooler work well, airflow not enough through the radiator
Fatboy Dave

posted on 15/7/07 at 08:47 PM Reply With Quote
Correction, used when the charge cooling system in place cannot do an adequate job...

A decent IC is your best bet. WI is good at treating a symptom, but at your boost level, forget it.

If your IC can keep the charge within ~10 degrees of ambient temps, you don't need it.

Besides, you're going for a Eaton blower, aren't you? You can't use it with them due to the recirc valve needed. You'll end up steam cleaming the teflon coating off the blades, which isn't funny...

Dave

Stop the planet, I want to get off

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

oadamo

posted on 15/7/07 at 08:54 PM Reply With Quote
i was thinking of a supercharger but ive just ordered a turbo my plans are to run low boost with the decompression plate.then when i order some rods and pistons run some proper power. i give £5 for the pump i thought that it didnt work but it just needed a good clean there was lots of scale in the pump head jamming it.
adam

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.