Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Seat Belt Bottom Mount
mistergrumpy

posted on 24/7/07 at 09:27 PM Reply With Quote
Seat Belt Bottom Mount

Just a quick one.I've got triangular pieces of 3mm steel kindasurrounded in box section if you see what I mean and I wondered if it would be acceptablt to weld a nut to each side of the plate to screw into. Basically its so I can get a little bit of a stand off from the plate on the inside?

DIY Si

posted on 24/7/07 at 09:53 PM Reply With Quote
Why do you need the stand off?
Could you fit a spacer/turny thing, as in cars seat belts? Otherwise, can't see a problem.

“Let your plans be dark and as impenetratable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
Sun Tzu, The Art of War

My new blog: http://spritecave.blogspot.co.uk/

mistergrumpy

posted on 24/7/07 at 09:58 PM Reply With Quote
The steel mount that the bolt goes through when bolted down looks like it'll trap the belt that runs through it and instead of welding my plate to the edge of the box section I've welded it along the centre line without thinking so wondered if I could get away with it.

DIY Si

posted on 24/7/07 at 10:06 PM Reply With Quote
As long as it's not that big, ie 1/2" or less it should be ok. Most harness bolts stand up by at least an inch, so a little bit of extra can't hurt too much.

“Let your plans be dark and as impenetratable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
Sun Tzu, The Art of War

My new blog: http://spritecave.blogspot.co.uk/

mistergrumpy

posted on 24/7/07 at 10:08 PM Reply With Quote
Aye thats what I thought. Only need a slight bit. Suppose a couple of washers would do but wanted summat a bit more secure

RoadkillUK

posted on 24/7/07 at 11:50 PM Reply With Quote
We did the same as you Mr. Grumpy, what I did was put a spacer between the plate and the aluminium, mine isn't welded on and it's a fiddle to put the bolt through but how many times will you need to? I would've welded them on but the chassis was already powdercoated

Roadkill - Lee
www.bradford7.co.uk
Latest Picture (14 Sept 2014)

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
mistergrumpy

posted on 25/7/07 at 06:18 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers Roadkill.SVA'd okay as well I see

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.