Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Boss for Westfield Steering Wheel to Sierra Column
StevieB

posted on 11/9/07 at 07:48 PM Reply With Quote
Boss for Westfield Steering Wheel to Sierra Column

Evenin' all!

I've got a Westfield sterring wheel that I picked up from Ebay and a conversion plate for fitting a QR boss (which I obviously can't have for SVA).

I bought a Westfield boss, but it doesn't quite work properly.

To make matters a bit more complicated, I've just got a paddle shift fitted (courtesy of pathfinder - cheers!).

What boss's have other people used to get around this problem?

Edit to say that the Westfield boss is attached to the wheel, but you should be able to see the screw locations - ideally I'd find a boss that fits the three holes on the adapter plate

Here's a photo of the wheel and adapter plate to you can see what I mean:

[Edited on 11/9/07 by StevieB] Rescued attachment Westfield Wheel and PLate.JPG
Rescued attachment Westfield Wheel and PLate.JPG

dave1888

posted on 11/9/07 at 09:09 PM Reply With Quote
IIRC dont MK use the sierra upper column and westfield use a austin type column.

DarrenW

posted on 12/9/07 at 08:59 AM Reply With Quote
Im sure that there are only 2 PCD's on steering wheels. The one that mountney and of course others use and then what i will describe as an italian PCD as ive known MOMO / Sparco / SWM etc fit this.

You may just need to get the sierra column boss that has the correct 6 hole pattern in for now and the convert to weld on QR boss that takes the 3 holes at a later date.

Other option is to get hold of OE ford wheel for now and switch after SVA to save you buying 2 boss kits.

This is of course assuning that the boss you have now is not for a sierra column.

[Edited on 12/9/07 by DarrenW]

StevieB

posted on 12/9/07 at 09:03 AM Reply With Quote
The boss I have from Westfield does fit the diameter, but is too short and goes way past the threaded part of the column top.

The problem I was expecting from using a mountney boss was that the paddle shift wouldn't have enough room to work (assuming it's the same size as the Westfield item, the paddle bumps into it).

I have two sierra steering wheels, so I might do an 'invasive survey' to see if I can butcher the ali centre to suit my needs.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.