Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: MK Exhaust
andyd

posted on 20/9/03 at 01:21 PM Reply With Quote
MK Exhaust

Has anyone else with a 'blade BEC used an MK exhaust system?

Ours doesn't seem to fit at all well. The engine is as low in the chassis as we dare go i.e. 1 inch of sump under the bottom rail and the sump is perpendicular to the ground. The exhaust exits the side of the car but is half way up the side. It's way too high. As far as I can tell the only way to solve this would be to a) lower the lump or b) lean it over further which I'm sure will cause oil problems in the sump.

Anyone else got pictures/advice or better still actual measurements of theirs?

It's a Luego (book dims) chassis BTW.

[Edited on 20/9/2003 by andyd]

Andy

mk blade

posted on 20/9/03 at 03:49 PM Reply With Quote
Posted a few pics that show exhaust during build.

Hope they are off some use.

The manifold fit OK but the silencer is really close to the bodywork, but will be change for race can after SVA, i hope.

Tony.

MK Goldrush

posted on 24/9/03 at 08:44 PM Reply With Quote
Exhaust Location

Andy - MK supply two types of exhaust, one which is pretty straight (cheapest of the two) and obviously the less cheaper one ( ) which has more bends in it!

As far as I am aware they both exit at the same height as there is little room for bends and stuff under the bodywork.

Also, consider how much heat would dissipate into the engine bay with more piping etc!

I think the sooner the hot gases leave the bodywork the better to eliviate any problems with possible overheating at a latter stage.

Maybe a non BEC exits lower and you prefer this look? I have some pic's in my archive together with some (sketchy) measurements for side-panel cut-out from MK if they are any help.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
andyd

posted on 26/9/03 at 06:21 PM Reply With Quote
Hmm that's not at all what ours ends up like. I know it's a Luego chassis but I have to assume that the dimensions are similar if not the same.

I'll take some pictures tomorrow and post them and hopefully someone can offer assistance.

Until tomorrow then.

Andy

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.