Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: resizing a huge avatar
JoelP

posted on 20/9/03 at 08:38 PM Reply With Quote
resizing a huge avatar

did anyone see my size 44 avatar pop up then?! that filled the entire screen.

anyone know how to resize them? thanks in advance...

[Edited on 20/9/03 by JoelP]

Viper

posted on 20/9/03 at 08:47 PM Reply With Quote
got some software called...xat... that resizes pics, i use it all the time coz my pics are to big for my archive.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
JoelP

posted on 20/9/03 at 08:52 PM Reply With Quote
is it the image optimiser or the jpeg optimiser i need off the web site?

all good eh? heres one i made earlier...!

thanks viper.

[Edited on 20/9/03 by JoelP]

MK Goldrush

posted on 20/9/03 at 10:23 PM Reply With Quote
Resizing Images

Hi JoelP - resizing of images is capably done on most graphic editing software. Remember the web display's in 72dpi. If you get your software to view in pixels you get a true size of what it will look like on web. Normally the function resize does a bicubic interpolation of your image for best effect when shrunk. Best way is to get the image from source calculated to 72dpi then edit it from there. To best make use of the small amount of data is to optimise the image, this makes for fast uploads and displays. Upload in .gif with a transparent background to see the forums background. Or .jpg to view as it seems you have already done. Often .jpg optimised is a smaller file than .gif but depends on how many colours the image contains.

Feel you want to know more? Just let me know.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Peteff

posted on 21/9/03 at 09:13 AM Reply With Quote
I use Serif Photoplus. You can download it from serif.com. Export your picture as whatever format you want after you have resized it. If you save it, it will probably be in the programs native format, corel, photoshop etc. Optimising can save some space at the loss of a bit of quality but if you don't go too low it doesn't show,especially something as small as an avatar.

yours, Pete.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.