Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: what to look out for in 4 point harnesses
westcost1

posted on 17/10/07 at 02:19 PM Reply With Quote
what to look out for in 4 point harnesses

Hi every one been having a look through the old posts on 4 point harnesses as its time to get some and I don’t want to go and buy the wrong type. Has any one bought any recently and can recommend type and supplier must have relevant emark for sva. Am I right in saying the button must be a one direction push for sva so no tern buckle then? Any thing else I should watch out for like strap width or fixings to the car?
Cheers Nick

O yes and it runs now so im well exited lol …geek!

Guinness

posted on 17/10/07 at 04:03 PM Reply With Quote
I got mine from MAC1, good service and the right price.

However, I'm pretty sure Jon Ison recommended contacting TRS http://www.totalrestraint.com/

That way you can get the waist belts reversed, so they tighten when you pull the straps up and in, not down and out.

It's not something you think about until you are sat in the seat, trying to tighten them up, and bang your hands of the tunnel or side of the car.

HTH

Mike

robertst

posted on 17/10/07 at 04:16 PM Reply With Quote
i just bought the TRS budget 4-point harnesses from RalDes and they have the waist belts reversed.

happy turn of chance?

i went for the bolt-on type as opposed with the snap-hook thingy which is arguably more cumbersome.

Tom

se7ensport

posted on 17/10/07 at 05:11 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by westcost1
...Am I right in saying the button must be a one direction push for sva so no tern buckle then? ...

You can use turnbuckle belts i.e. Luke Pro 4s, they are "E" marked and will pass an SVA (in fact they are the only twist buckle that is "E" appoved).

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=45066

stevec

posted on 17/10/07 at 08:37 PM Reply With Quote
Mac1 also, Sabelt, good price, very good service.
Steve

westcost1

posted on 25/10/07 at 03:39 PM Reply With Quote
cheers guys that’s a good point about the direction the belt has to be pulled to tightn it you don’t think of things like that till its in i have ordered some trs clubman westfield harness from RSM motorsport £45 inc vat each with mounting eyes

[Edited on 25/10/07 by westcost1] Rescued attachment 446.jpg
Rescued attachment 446.jpg

Dave Bailey

posted on 25/10/07 at 09:23 PM Reply With Quote
I just bought a set of luke FIA harnesses and was told these were o.k. for SVA but can't see an 'e' mark on them.... Anyone else been through SVA with Turn buckle FIA Luke harnesses?

Dave B

car builder

posted on 27/10/07 at 04:45 PM Reply With Quote
mine have turn buckle, 4 point and they passed sva no problem, dont know about the e mark i suspect they have them as they are Sabelt, very nice belts but expensive.
procomp

posted on 27/10/07 at 06:03 PM Reply With Quote
Hi i know its already been said but i have another vote for TRS. And go direct then you can spec what you want and lentghts of the straps.

Nothing has ever been to much trouble for them and i do ask them to do some one off belts.

cheers Matt

Ps forgot to say. 3" wide straps also get my vote.

[Edited on 27/10/07 by procomp]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.