02GF74

posted on 6/11/07 at 09:35 AM Reply With Quote
is it ebay madness?

£ 18 each plus £ 7 postage

or
£ 13 inc postage

r1_pete

posted on 6/11/07 at 09:43 AM Reply With Quote
Yup, It seems folk are cashing in on the ebay phenominon,but buyers are to blame. A couple of years ago my sky box developed a fault, bought a replacement on ebay for £15, put mine on as faulty and got £25 for it.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Davey D

posted on 6/11/07 at 10:46 AM Reply With Quote
i always look everywhere online before ill part with my hard earned on E-bay, as there is always someone out there pulling a fast one

What MTB have you got, and what/where do you ride?

Ive got a Dawes xc2.4 with upgraded Front forks, and a set of SPD pedals to keep me firmly fixed to the bike as im flying downhill, and over the jumps

one of these, but with Rockshox Dart 3 instead of the marzocchi http://www.luvbikes.com/products.php?plid=m1b0s2p2848&z=3224

[Edited on 6/11/07 by Davey D]

02GF74

posted on 6/11/07 at 10:54 AM Reply With Quote
hmmm, from the ebay listing, the seller of these rotors is not pulling a fast one - starting bid was £ 5 although post is a bit steep.

as for what mtb I have, some may say too many. ride mostly locally down south but done a most of the national parks - peak, lake, yrokshire ex/dartmoor, wales .....

not been out as much as I should as the kit car is using up a lot of time. grr......

JAG

posted on 6/11/07 at 11:11 AM Reply With Quote
Even better deal HERE

I've just purchased a complete set of brakes and one of these rotors (fitted a 180mm at the front). I can vouch for the service, returns policy and most of all price

There's a free P&P option you can use on even the smallest item - just don't expect next day delivery.

Having said that I ordered a part on Friday afternoon (only £3.99) with free P&P and it arrived Tuesday morning so not that bad.

[Edited on 6/11/07 by JAG]

Justin

Who is this super hero? Sarge? ...No.
Rosemary, the telephone operator? ...No.
Penry, the mild-mannered janitor? ...Could be!

Davey D

posted on 6/11/07 at 11:18 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 02GF74
hmmm, from the ebay listing, the seller of these rotors is not pulling a fast one - starting bid was £ 5 although post is a bit steep.

as for what mtb I have, some may say too many. ride mostly locally down south but done a most of the national parks - peak, lake, yrokshire ex/dartmoor, wales .....

not been out as much as I should as the kit car is using up a lot of time. grr......

Me and swimbo went to the lake districts earlier this year. had a good trek around Grizdale Forrest near windermere. planning on going to dalby forrest some time soon, as ive heard lots of good things about it

i always use wiggle.co.uk for ordering my cycle stuff. they do some great offers, like a few months ago they had 20% off if you spent £100 or more

[Edited on 6/11/07 by Davey D]

Paul TigerB6

posted on 6/11/07 at 11:22 AM Reply With Quote
totally crazy!! Bet that person (errr idiot) wont be too pleased when they get the invoice. Cursory glance at the postage saying free (for colection in person) might result in them getting a bit of a shock!!

PS I have a Tomac Eli with RockShox Revelation 426 forks, Sram / Shimano running gear and Avid brakes

02GF74

posted on 6/11/07 at 12:17 PM Reply With Quote
generally I find chain reaction to be cheapest - never had a problem with them, but as ^^^^ pointed out, wiggle are good for price too, again never had problem with them either.

if you do routine maintenacne, you can buy spares in advance but tehre are time when you need something urgently so a trip to local shoppe or halfrauds is necessary.

my delete key seems not to be working.

car builder

posted on 6/11/07 at 07:11 PM Reply With Quote
i like wiggle, very good service, have used the wolly hat shop on Ebay, very cheap for A2Z brake pads, good pads to, the crap i used them in and never have let me down.
Schrodinger

posted on 6/11/07 at 08:51 PM Reply With Quote
I like using http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Categories.aspx?CategoryID=565for parts their site also tells you is items are in stock unlike some others and postage is included in the price. I must admit my favourite ride is Glen Tress although I don't get to go there as often as I would like.

Keith
Aviemore

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.