Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: SEAT FITTINGS
matt.c

posted on 18/11/07 at 01:22 PM Reply With Quote
SEAT FITTINGS

On the seats that i have, they dont have any mounting points or receses for the bolts to go through. plus the seat sits at a slightly layed back way so whats the best way to mount them? Do i make brackets for the sides or mount them another way?
[img][/img]

stuart_g

posted on 18/11/07 at 01:30 PM Reply With Quote
Either bolt through the seat or some people have fiber glassed bolts to the bottom of the seat. I think it will be more comfortable if the seats are slightly tilted back.
pewe

posted on 18/11/07 at 02:57 PM Reply With Quote
See www.rallydesign.co.uk they do side mounts which I used for passenger side fixed to floor cross braces made from 50 x 3mm strip welded-in. Intend making a moveable passenger foot rest using seat sliders or similar.
Driver's side is too narrow for side mounts so bought a pair of seat runners from www.merlinmotorsport.co.uk (Metro ones work if you can find any) then packed out the bottom of the seat with hardwood blocks glassed in to make the rake angle right. Blocks were very much trial and error due to changing seat contours but you can make them near enough then use No Nails as adhesive/packing before glassing them on. Bolt through the seat, blocks and runner (using pan head bolts plus larger washers) onto suitable cross braces (as passenger side).
Cheers, Pewe.

Humbug

posted on 18/11/07 at 04:15 PM Reply With Quote
If the height and angle are OK for you as the seat is, you could bolt through the lip on the front (maybe put a piece of flat bar on top to spread the load,) and a couple of dome headed bolts directly through te seat part (may need to put a little padding on top )
Triton

posted on 18/11/07 at 07:01 PM Reply With Quote
You could always make up a steel frame and bond that on, drilling holes in the seats to mount them will leave the head of the bolt sticking you somewhere even using tapered washers with countsunk cap heads.
You would need to have a fixing high up as well to stop them flexing....not nice when giving it the hullygully round yer favourite twisties.

Mark.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.