Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Harness mountings
chris taylor

posted on 20/11/07 at 06:38 PM Reply With Quote
Harness mountings

Guys, some advise please, currently looking at some 3 point harnesse where the top mounting is the clip type.
The bottom 2 mounting holes are bolt in and my question is will they pass SVA with a clip type top mounting,
cheers, Chris

nitram38

posted on 20/11/07 at 06:51 PM Reply With Quote
They will pass with either provide that there are no sharp edges and the bolts/eyes are marked 8.8 grade or above.
russbost

posted on 20/11/07 at 07:35 PM Reply With Quote
What Nitram said - min 11mm bolts

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
02GF74

posted on 21/11/07 at 09:56 AM Reply With Quote
^^^^ or imperial equivalent of 9/16 (UNF usually)
Black Cat

posted on 24/11/07 at 10:12 PM Reply With Quote
On the same subject as harnesses, I need to fix mine to a horizontal member that I have welded on to my roll bar. The question is can I just weld a nut to the bar or have I got to weld a threaded tube into the bar?

Regards Steve

Marcus

posted on 26/11/07 at 12:43 PM Reply With Quote
ISTR it has to be the threaded bush due to possible bending moments distorting the tube.
They are available from MK and probably others. I used these with no problems (except drilling 22mm holes in my roll bar - had to bring to work!!)

Marcus

Because kits are for girls!!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Black Cat

posted on 26/11/07 at 07:14 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for that Marcus.

Will try their web site.

Regards Steve

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.