Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Good racing!
David Jenkins

posted on 7/12/07 at 08:28 PM Reply With Quote
Good racing!

Having totally given up on F1, I've been looking for good motor-racing elsewhere.

I've been really impressed with the Aussie V8 Supercars, quite like to watch Champ cars, but last night I thoroughly enjoyed minis racing at Donnington on TV!

2 classes - Mini 750 (I think) and Mini Miglia - with really close racing, breathtaking overtaking, and absolutely no sign of tantrums, bad sportsmanship, pomposity, and all the other F1 bad habits.

So why don't we see more motor-racing other than F1 on the terrestrial channels? Surely it's cheaper! It's a lot more fun!

How about sponsoring a championship, BBC?

(puts away soap-box, and awaits the incoming responses)

I love speed :-P

posted on 7/12/07 at 08:45 PM Reply With Quote
I fully agree, there is so much racing out there which is sooooo much better than F1. Personally I like the Renault Clio Cup which follows the BTCC around. There is also the 750mc series just look the at videos Procomp posts. Also GP2 which is the feeder series for F1 is alot more exciting to watch. Unfortunatly racing other than F1 doesnt get alot of TV air time expect for MotorsTV and Eurosport.

Phil

EDIT: There is also the Dakar which starts very soon nice OFF Road action and an excue to post this video again

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1245751998694395737&q=dakar+truck&total=95&start=0&num=10&so=4&type=search&plindex

[Edited on 7/12/2007 by I love speed :-P]

Don't Steal
The Government doesn’t like the competition

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Werner Van Loock

posted on 7/12/07 at 10:17 PM Reply With Quote
Well, with the speeds they develop now it's just waiting to get a replay of the 1988 DAF X1 Turbotwin accident to happen

http://youtube.com/watch?v=cUnWnx_rdps

Bloody thing was faster then the fastest car back then. But with 1200BHP that was no wonder

http://www.clubstylus.be

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
BenB

posted on 7/12/07 at 10:47 PM Reply With Quote
The clio cup?!?!?
That's just first corner carnage followed by loads of dodgey BTCC type "crash into the side of someone to shift them out of the way".... I like it but it's certainly not a display of quality driving

I prefer Locost racing- most of the people racing will have to repair the car if they prang it so it's clean racing.... Mostly......

sammy

posted on 7/12/07 at 11:12 PM Reply With Quote
Motorcycle racing any day!

Breathtaking to watch and incredible to do ...

... until you break something badly such as smashing your elbow to bits

Build diaries...

Paul TigerB6

posted on 8/12/07 at 01:36 AM Reply With Quote
I would challenge anyone to find a race series more boring than F1 these days!! Anyone???? Even my dad is converted to thinking 250 laps of an oval track US style is much more entertaining!!!
falcor

posted on 8/12/07 at 07:18 AM Reply With Quote
I think this years F1 was the best for several years, nothing more boring when the season is decided with 3-5 races still to go.
billynomates

posted on 8/12/07 at 11:55 AM Reply With Quote
Got to be bike racing, theres more overtaking, excitement and action in one wsb or motogp race than the whole F1 season.
And the riders totally respect each other.

Did anybody see Nori Haga dressed in his clown wig at one of the post race press interviews.

Don't think you'd see Alonso et al, do owt like that.

David Jenkins

posted on 8/12/07 at 03:00 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BenB
The clio cup?!?!?
That's just first corner carnage followed by loads of dodgey BTCC type "crash into the side of someone to shift them out of the way".... I like it but it's certainly not a display of quality driving

That's not the sort of racing I was watching - they were all trying hard, but there was almost no contact. They were all trying to get around cleanly.

Some time ago I watched Caterham racing - also good and fast, with everyone trying to avoid contact.

It can be done - maybe there are too many chavs in the Clio championship!

I agree about bike racing though... nearly always exciting, especially British Superbike.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.