Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Brake pipe to rear disks
MK Goldrush

posted on 8/10/03 at 07:31 AM Reply With Quote
Brake pipe to rear disks

After some advice on brake pipe connections to rear calipers.

The braided flexis which came with the brake pipe kit are not long enough to connect directly to the rear calipers. Do we need to manufacture a bracket, and if so, how does it mount to the caliper (assuming it needs to be caliper mounted to allow for movement)
Or do we need longer flexis ??

Any advice would be appreciated.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
givemethebighammer

posted on 8/10/03 at 10:12 AM Reply With Quote
earls made me some custom braided flexies at a good price.

www.earls.co.uk

bob

posted on 8/10/03 at 11:40 AM Reply With Quote
I put banjo's on the pipe (caliper end) for easier fitting of pipe,and then run the flexi to T-piece on top hoop arond the diff.

Seen it done on a couple of other indy's so thought it was good enough for me.

heres a pic with brake stop switch fitted pre-flexi Rescued attachment stop switch.jpg
Rescued attachment stop switch.jpg

MK Goldrush

posted on 8/10/03 at 12:13 PM Reply With Quote
Bob, where you have the T piece, we have a welded bracket on the chassis to connect the flexi to. Forgive my ignorance, but what is a banjo ? (other than a small guitar like instrument! ) Do you have a similar picture of the caliper?

Thanks

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
MK Goldrush

posted on 9/10/03 at 12:30 PM Reply With Quote
As we are not in possession of an SVA manual yet, can anyone tell me if the length of the braided flexis to the rear brake calipers is limited. ie, Fixings for brake pipes must be =< 300mm but is there a maximum length of flexi allowed?

bob

posted on 9/10/03 at 06:59 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry no pic of the "banjo"fitting,and your right just imagine the neck of a banjo as the flexi and the round bit with a hole in for bolt.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.