Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Donington Show?
Guinness

posted on 18/2/08 at 10:28 PM Reply With Quote
Donington Show?

To be run by the peeps who do Stoneleigh?

Stolen from Totalkitcar:

"BREAKING NEWS....Monday, February 18 1600hrs…

We’ve just received a press release from Stoneleigh show organisers, Grosvenor Exhibitions, which reads as follows:

Grosvenor Exhibitions, organisers of the world's largest kit car show, Stoneleigh, have confirmed that the Donington Kit & Performance Car show will go ahead in 2008. With years of experience in organising kit car shows, Roger Cooling has decided to add the show to their already busy schedule of 20 other exhibitions this year, and proceed with organising the show on its established dates of Saturday 13 & 14 September 2008. Cooling has confirmed that the venue is booked and says: "It would be a shame to lose such as important event in the kit car calendar." For more information on this one call Grosvenor on 01775 712 100..."

I hope they resurrect the track day!

Mike

mistergrumpy

posted on 18/2/08 at 10:35 PM Reply With Quote
Cool. I've never been when they've had he track day but last years wasn't too bad. Made better by the owners cars parked up but the price was too much and to charge a re entry fee for people who camped overnight was a bit of a swizz.

ASH3

posted on 18/2/08 at 10:37 PM Reply With Quote
That clashes with Stafford, no track use then they may aswell forget it

smart51

posted on 18/2/08 at 10:39 PM Reply With Quote
What, so Limelight are holding a track day at Donnington but a show at Stafford and on the same weekend, Grosvenor are holding a show at Donnington?

Which show are the exhibitors going to?

bob

posted on 18/2/08 at 10:41 PM Reply With Quote
I'm pleased that someone who can actually organise a show has taken this on, i hope roger does well with this and the donington date in september continues.

I'm sure plenty of traders wil be happy about this

paulf

posted on 18/2/08 at 10:48 PM Reply With Quote
It may be ok, but last years effort was poor compared to previous years, was only saved by a pleasant evening spent with the Robin Hood owners club and there hog roast.
With the extra shows at Peterborough,Bruntingthorpe and Stafford there may be to many shows although I am looking forward to getting to them all if possible.
Paul.

RazMan

posted on 18/2/08 at 11:58 PM Reply With Quote
Somehow I don't think it will be a patch on Detling. Last year's effort was a complete waste of time for most of the exhibitors - very poor turnout.

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
tegwin

posted on 19/2/08 at 09:38 AM Reply With Quote
Is it actually going to be any better than last years pathetic atempt?

Was quite disgusted really.....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Would the last person who leaves the country please switch off the lights and close the door!

www.verticalhorizonsmedia.tv

graememk

posted on 19/2/08 at 09:54 AM Reply With Quote
i wont be going unless i get free tickets, i thought last year was a waste of fuel driving there.

Browser

posted on 19/2/08 at 10:23 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by paulf
It may be ok, but last years effort was poor compared to previous years, was only saved by a pleasant evening spent with the Robin Hood owners club and there hog roast.
With the extra shows at Peterborough,Bruntingthorpe and Stafford there may be to many shows although I am looking forward to getting to them all if possible.
Paul.

Is someone resurrecting the Peterborough Kit Car show then? Please tell me more!

G3OFF

posted on 19/2/08 at 11:32 AM Reply With Quote
when is stafford?

no such thing as to much power......

jollygreengiant

posted on 19/2/08 at 12:03 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by G3OFF
when is stafford?

Follow link to ALL show dates

Linky

[Edited on 19/2/08 by jollygreengiant]

Beware of the Goldfish in the tulip mines. The ONLY defence against them is smoking peanut butter sandwiches.

jollygreengiant

posted on 19/2/08 at 12:06 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Browser

Is someone resurrecting the Peterborough Kit Car show then? Please tell me more!

Follow link in previous posting.

Also please keep up at the back these events were discussed I think back in November(ish).

Beware of the Goldfish in the tulip mines. The ONLY defence against them is smoking peanut butter sandwiches.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.