Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: assembling seat runners
jabbahutt

posted on 1/4/08 at 10:14 AM Reply With Quote
assembling seat runners

Morning all

Just had my cobra seats delivered with runners. Had a quick look in the runner box and must admit bit baffled as to how they fit.
There is a small metal rod with loops at both ends and God knows where that fits.

No instructions in the box so anyone here able to provide photos./expalinations as to how these things go together.

Must admit feeling pretty thick that I can't see it for myself but why break the habit of a build time

Cheers
Nigel

worX

posted on 1/4/08 at 10:16 AM Reply With Quote
Never seen nor done one, but if you put a photo on here, peeps might be able to help/identify for you!

Steve

jabs

posted on 1/4/08 at 10:23 AM Reply With Quote
I think the small metal rod goes between adjusters on the two runners so when you operate the lever on one runner it operates the adjuster on the other - if you see what i mean
Mr Whippy

posted on 1/4/08 at 10:46 AM Reply With Quote
yip the rod links one runner to the next so you only need one handle. This is rather universal for production cars also. Fix the front bolts (seat to runner) first then the back ones, sometimes you need to redrill the back holes to match the seats. Then slide the two runners half way down their adjustment range and place the seat in the car. Find the most comfortable seat location and mark the holes required on the floor. Drill them and then bolt the seat down with nice big spreader washers and nylocks

Once fitted you might find that the seat rocks a bit due to play in the runners, this can be solved by whacking the edge of the lower runner with a hammer and bending it over more, obviously this is a surgical operation requiring great precision not swearing and beating the crap out of it like me after forking out £40 for a set of wobbly runners

[Edited on 1/4/08 by Mr Whippy]

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.